FA Cup 5th round draw - Huddersfield Town (Away)

It's a 3G artificial pitch mate but granted, any arsenal have will still probably be better

Edit 1:
Are they allowed to move it to a neutral ground? Was wondering 'cos say droylesden got a big tie could we offer the academy stadium to a club in our community?

Edit 2:
Looked it up, it all depends on what the FA say. The rules appear to imply that if the home team is a non-league team the FA will decide based on police reports if it will be played at the home ground, the nearest suitable ground or the other team's ground subject to a lot of ifs and buts and appeals and forfeits.

It's also pretty clear that they want the game to be played at the 1st drawn team's ground.

Do you remember around 15 years ago Arsenal got drawn and Farnborough then immediately kicked off refusing to play there "For safety reasons" In the end the opposition took a deal to play at Highbury in return for majority of gate receipts.

I'm keeping an eye on the fuckers trying that ploy again as they don't want their Tarquins being too close to the home fans.

Also a great chance for Blackburn fans to boycott what is bound to be a TV fixture as an owner's protest.

Good real ale pubs in Hudds :
The Kings Head - on the station.
The Grove - opposite bus station & new sports centre. 5 mins from station.
The Corner - in Wappy Nick,just off market place. 5 mins from station.
The Slubbers - Bradford Road,10 mins from ground
Magic Rock. - St Johns Road on way to Slubbers
The Star. - Albert St,Lockwood,15 mins station & ground.

Hudds has a great ale trail with a terrific range of local micro brews. Best to go on train & get there early !!

Keep your wits about you for their 'town centre crew',they are out for every game & the police are 'vigorous' ......they hate everything to do with Manchester.

1 - 3 City.

Yes it was, I have been reminded that Doyle and Crossan scored.
Johnny Crossan was my first city hero,once he'd gone it was Alan Oakes. Nowadays that title belongs to the incredible David Silva.

Just saying.

Back on topic. Good draw this. It should stay on the weekend so I can take my grandson. His first cup game.

Can anyone Rember the year of these games in the mid 80s when we were singing there's only one specky skinhead to the Hudders fan for obvious reasons.

Also, the other away game when there had been lots of snow? My mate Greg smacked the Hudders keeper on the head with a snowball when he bent down to place the ball for a goal kick. It was cold in the days when you wore a diamond Pringle and no coat lol.

Last edited:
The last time we played Huddersfield in the Cup :)

Commentator mentioned the rain, was this a Friday night game? I definitely remember a game there when it pissed down all night, luckily I was in the main stand as I think everyone on the open end got a soaking.

I'm sure most blues would have taken an away tie with HTFC before the draw. It's not ideal, but it could be worse.

The only problem with the draw is that all the top clubs are likely to go through. Could have done with some all Premiership ties to whittle down our rivals.

I'm not entirely convinced that Mooy wont play. I'm sure HTFC will be making some private request to City to see what we say given that Patrick Roberts played against us in the Champions League

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks
The rules are he cannot play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.