FA Cup Final 15/May, Chelsea v Leicester

Did he really say that. That is deluded. It was was a goal worthy of winning any cup final and not a handball if he means that.
Yup he sure did.... lucky goal, Chelsea were unlucky with the handball and the VAR decision and they were the better side and deserved to win.

Despite some comments on here I found it a great entertaining game between two equal sides, agree football wasn't brilliant on either side and I am delighted Leicester won.

What red team monopoly?
City have won 3 of the last 4 league titles.
We have won the last 4 Carabou cups.
A team in red hasn't won the F.A.Cup nor will it win the chumps league.
The only thing going for the teams in red at the moment is the number of commentators in the media.
The reality isn't matching the agenda and it makes me smile when Wio, Savage and spitty have to suck it up.
Oh, and I so nearly forgot, GNIAC!!
That was the point I was trying to make.
Both, us and Leicester, have very good owners, both have invested in their clubs and both are well liked by their fans. The difference between them and us is the scale of our success and trajectory. Our success has disrupted the red clubs monopoly and we are now beginning to dominate, whereas their's has been very modest and non threatening and, unlike us, on it's own would hardly put a don't in the monopoly, never mind disrupt it, It is therefore seen and reported in a very much more positive light.

The offside rule was ever meant to rule out 'goals' like that one scored by Chelsea.
Also in the absence of VAR the minute analysis would never have happened and the decision would have been accepted as 'tight' or 'close' and people would have accepted it and moved on.
The fact that it was Chelsea who suffered matters not one jot.
Next time it will be the underdog.
Offside was created to stop goal hanging. Gaining an obvious advantage to score a goal. Marginal calls which are arguably level should be left untouched

Offside was created to stop goal hanging. Gaining an obvious advantage to score a goal. Marginal calls which are arguably level should be left untouched
I agree with your sentiment and it does seem unfair when goals are chalked off because a player is deemed a cock hair offside, but then how marginal is marginal and how are rulings kept consistent? Regardless, players will always push boundaries and play to the edge, therefore standards have to be set and lines have to be drawn somewhere, otherwise decisions and calls begin to look as though they are being made on an arbitrary and ad hoc basis and would be open to accusations of inconsistency and favouritism. Much as they are now.
Whatever you do, wherever you draw those lines, the aggrieved party are always going to see it differently to the beneficiaries and you're going to have the same controversies.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Leicester! Great scenes yesterday. Tuchel is a damn poor loser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.