FA Cup Final loss in 1981 or Luton 83?

I was in the Kippax for the Luton game. Quite surreal as both teams needed a result, yet I'm sure this was just coincidence. It seemed worse that the defeat happened at Maine Road. Watching David Pleat celebrate at the end not knowing what to do. Felt like a desecration of sorts, him celebrating so openly on our ground, in front of us.

I was in the Kippax for the Luton game. Quite surreal as both teams needed a result, yet I'm sure this was just coincidence. It seemed worse that the defeat happened at Maine Road. Watching David Pleat celebrate at the end not knowing what to do. Felt like a desecration of sorts, him celebrating so openly on our ground, in front of us.
Me too aged 18. Like many have said I just couldn’t believe it - was flabbergasted as it seemed the natural order of football had been turned on it’s axis. Not only that but the performance was utter shite, no effort, no bottle and no chances created against a side we all thought we’re going down. Results that week had gone our way - we only had to draw at home with nearly 50,000 behind us.
For young people of my generation all we had known was City in Div 1, with star players (it was only the season before we had Francis, Corrigan, Asa, Tueart, Tommy Hutch, Reeves etc. okay, since Allison returned it had been a downward trend but City we’re going to recover, the 83 season was a blip until the money was sorted out and a couple of star players came in. So, the reality of relegation hit very hard.
Hello Grimsby, Cardiff and Huddersfield

Cried like a baby 81 as an eleven Yr old.
Had pubes 2 yrs later so knew I had to man up

I was at Wembley and was an angry young 19 year old.
I wasn‘t at the Luton game I had to be in the lakes at a wedding I listened on the radio and was gutted.
Neither come close to Stoke away when we hit our low point.
Lost in a sea of beer I was bewildered and lost and as my wife arrived to pick me up I didn’t recognise her.
At these three times in our history I do remember though I was as proud to be a City fan as at any point in the last ten years.I didn’t know this then but i do now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.