FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Surprised how i have accepted this defeat , hate the Rags and hate losing cup finals but weirdly i am not preturbed at all today , there will be the usual Rags blowing their trumpets about their re-emergence but my conclusion is that there will be plenty of more finals and the Rags are really an insignificance. They finished 31 points behind us , couldnt qualify from an easy Champs league group and rode their luck in winning a much maligned FA Cup competition , and now they are cock-a-hoop about qualifying for the Thursday Night Cup.
If they keep Ten Bob for another season it will be the death knell for any hopes they have , he didnt beat us with a tactical masterclass , Pep gave him the cup with one of his rare tactical brain farts.
Wish all Blues a good summer and the immediate wiping from memory of 25/05/2024.

ha i shouldv’e saved this reply and just copy paste it now, but here we go:

i’m a dinamo zagreb fan, my whole
family are, 4 generations now (i think), we are born with blue blood in our veins.
tiny country, tiny league, we have to sell our players, and if they’re absolutely sensational they get sold super mega uber quickly :(
so, like you love foden cause he’s one of your own, joško’s one of our own, zagreb and dinamo academy kid.
he also single leggedly took us to the world cup knockout stage in qatar, i was on the brink of death when that green boot made that ball disappear. plus he’s an incredibly nice polite person, he is incredibly loved here. i think joško’s ceiling is incredibly high and he hahaha saved my life probably. i am not a calm football fan. :D

i found this forum during the transfer saga, saw that i’m allowed to join if i write that i’m a dinamo zagreb/croatian national team supporter in my profile, and the early days were actually fun.

i love pep so i watched a lot of city games anyway and i was hoping joško would end up in sky blue one day. many people in small countries actually support their local club plus a big club somewhere else. i’m not gonna call myself a long standing city fan just cause i liked watching city though of course. i don’t know which label fits me, i don’t personally think i need a label.

oh and i don’t just go around and post gvardiol’s the best he can do no wrong, i saw many, many people comment that it was ortega’s mistake. on the other hand, many on twitter are now back on the joško’s useless garbage train.

Okay thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed reply. It's a mentality I understand but don't understand, if that makes sense? When we were in financial trouble we had to sell any half decent players we had. Paul Stewart we sold to Spurs and Shaun Wright -Phillips we had to sell to Chelsea. The last one was particularly gutting as he was much loved and our star man at the time. Although I kept one eye on his career I didn't follow it with any major feeling. I was happy he picked up some trophies but that was about it. I'm a City fan first and foremost. Players come and go, some great some not so great, some hurt at the time but we carry on.

As for Gvardiol when you look at the season overall he's been great. It's his first season of him adapting to a different country and a very demanding manager. Plus he's had to adapt to being played out of position. Yes he's had some stinkers but he's a kid, it's to be expected. He scored some very vital goals for us in the title run in and is a great prospect. He'll still get dug out for headers like yesterday though lol. As will Foden or anybody else who fucks up. It's not personal and once we've had our rant on here it's gone and we move on.

At the game nobody gives a player who makes mistakes shit these days. There might be a groan in the stands but we then get behind them doubly. Nobody makes a mistake deliberately but it can happen. Gvardiol will become a great player for us.

How did we dip in the two finals after that?
The point was if I go on the piss on Sunday/Monday I'm not in top condition 6 days later.
Last season two weeks later we found our focus. Mentally and physically.
This week we switched off mentally. It's understandable after their efforts over the last months but I think had we treated it like any other week we'd have increased our chances of winning.

I would put it down to not being able to string 2 passes together.
Not like us at all plus no idea what the goalie was doing at the first goal.
The back four looked lost but Stones has hardly played and Ake still not fully fit. It was a mistake to change the settled team from West Ham and plenty of Blues were saying that before the game. I agree that Ortega was at fault. If you come for the ball you have to get it or stay on your line. United's only tactic was to hoof it long but we didn't deal with it. It's not losing that's the problem for me it's losing to such a poor team. Anyway well done to City for a great season. I'm just back after a nightmare M6 journey back but have already booked my hotel for the Comms Shield. A chance for revenge.

Not all will go but im probably in the camp that it needs freshening up a bit.

Gonna be tuff if we lose a KDB/Bernardo but we need at least one player who can help break down a low block imo (similar to how Doku will hopefully).
It's a big change. I honestly didn't expect us to win the Title again this season because I thought we would struggle because many players looked burned out and we lost Gundo and Mahrez. It was a magnificent effort to retain the Title but next season will be even tougher. As long as Pep is there we will be fine.

Despite the result, still enjoyed it yesterday. Was not as nervous as last year when a defeat to them would have been terrible. Had a good drink on the way down and beforehand at Baker St. Even after the game was a decent atmosphere, drinking around Kings Cross before heading home. No sign of any mither between the fans. Train back from Wembley Central to London was miles better than the Wembley Park. Will use that again. Already looking forward to the Charity Shield and beating them in the sun!

Overthinking Pep.
No it was due to Stef charging out in no mans land..no tactics can legislate for that. Coasting before that and wanted a work of art goal to rub salt in. We should have been more professional and been one up. Different game altogether then. Not on Pep but plauers for being too cpmplacent

Eh leave them to it, if they continue to hype up players like those 4, they'll continue to finish around 8th.

Hojlund is awful and will never be anything other than that. Mainoo and Garnacho wouldn't even be talked about if they played for anyone else, as both are playing at the right level for their ability.

Mainoo is a bizarre one, I've still not worked out if he's any good or not. I feel like he's alright, but he's getting so many plaudits for yesterday, and yet I thought he was average aside from his finish.
He is good fkin hell he is a kid in prem football terms. Fair play to him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.