FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Overthinking Pep.

Not actually sure that he thought a lot about it at all. But it's on the players as much as him. I believe they're gorged with success, at least temporarily. The way people just ambled backwards when United were breaking for that second goal was really poor, and completely unlike them.
They'll get hungry again. Doku looked really hungry, but then, he's not guaranteed a place, and has something to prove.

Who needs the Mickey Mouse, FA Cup?
The Community Shield is what it’s all about.
10th of August!

Who have we got in that again?
We all know the script.
It will be about their 10th pre season game and our 3rd or 4th so they will be more match fit than us. Pep will use it as purely a friendly game with lots of changes and they will win, as more or less everyone beats us now in the Charity Shield due to the nature of how we treat it as part of pre season and some of our players are likely to go further in the Euros so they will be given extra time off.
Headlines Rags are back, title challenge, are City all that etc.
Later in the season, we get stronger and go on a run because unlike others we have not flogged players to death in the 1st few months of the season inc a ton of pre season games.

ha i shouldv’e saved this reply and just copy paste it now, but here we go:

i’m a dinamo zagreb fan, my whole
family are, 4 generations now (i think), we are born with blue blood in our veins.
tiny country, tiny league, we have to sell our players, and if they’re absolutely sensational they get sold super mega uber quickly :(
so, like you love foden cause he’s one of your own, joško’s one of our own, zagreb and dinamo academy kid.
he also single leggedly took us to the world cup knockout stage in qatar, i was on the brink of death when that green boot made that ball disappear. plus he’s an incredibly nice polite person, he is incredibly loved here. i think joško’s ceiling is incredibly high and he hahaha saved my life probably. i am not a calm football fan. :D

i found this forum during the transfer saga, saw that i’m allowed to join if i write that i’m a dinamo zagreb/croatian national team supporter in my profile, and the early days were actually fun.

i love pep so i watched a lot of city games anyway and i was hoping joško would end up in sky blue one day. many people in small countries actually support their local club plus a big club somewhere else. i’m not gonna call myself a long standing city fan just cause i liked watching city though of course. i don’t know which label fits me, i don’t personally think i need a label.

oh and i don’t just go around and post gvardiol’s the best he can do no wrong, i saw many, many people comment that it was ortega’s mistake. on the other hand, many on twitter are now back on the joško’s useless garbage train.
Mistakes happen but def not Joslo's fault (unless he shouted to Stef to come and get it then nod it over him lol)
Keeper f'ked him there. Big final inexperience and he tried too hard did Stef with that rare blunder. What could josko do anyone?

Last edited:
Despise them more than anything on the planet. Shittest fans in the world who cry about being 8th in the prem. One prick I'm mates with even had the gall to share a sappy rag post that said: " if I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor" fuck off, you are 8th in the top division of English football not fighting relegation in league 2.

Their woe is me bullshit pisses me off and I hope they get even worse than they are now. When I see that vile logo of theirs I throw up in my mouth. Almost as bad as seeing a swastika

Devastated to lose against them but whatever, they're lucky today, let's batter them twice next season. Better this year than last, they didn't get to stop our treble.
AIthough yesterday was shit from our perspective, I was thinking the same myself. The 'double double' would have been good and like the 4 in a row titles something never done before. However, had they stopped us winning the treble last season we would never have heard the last of it from them.
Ofcourse we all wanted to batter them yesterday ,but if we were told a year ago of this years scenario and that the rags were going to win one of the finals I'm pretty sure every blue would have picked this one ,(the lesser of the 2 evils I guess!!)

We all know the script.
It will be about their 10th pre season game and our 3rd or 4th so they will be more match fit than us. Pep will use it as purely a friendly game with lots of changes and they will win, as more or less everyone beats us now in the Charity Shield due to the nature of how we treat it as part of pre season and some of our players are likely to go further in the Euros so they will be given extra time off.
Headlines Rags are back, title challenge, are City all that etc.
Later in the season, we get stronger and go on a run because unlike others we have not flogged players to death in the 1st few months of the season inc a ton of pre season games.

I think Pep once called the players back early from their summer breaks just for the Community Shield,
But it's a nothing and meaningless game until United win it, just like all the cups they lose in. Manchester City winning silverware is always labelled with (Cheats) and the 115 charges, it's the only way they can handle the Pain and gives them hope,

Manchester City have had to fight the system, media, match officials, VAR, Sky, BBC,TNT, and all the other media outlets before we kick a ball in a game of football, That is why it is so sweet winning and so hard when losing.

that's why I don't care we lost, even if it was united ? They don't bother me anymore and losing was just like another club that plays in our league that beat us and not a rival.

Still feels bad. Was confident all week before the game, believing City would summon up the heroes of past Finals: Roy Paul & Bert, Summerbee & Neil Young, Yaya & Vincent Kompany. Expected a comfortable 3-0, maybe even a thrashing. Doubts came in when I saw the line-up and then it was clear that Gvardiol down the left wing was creating nothing. My missus who only occasionally watches said "why are they playing so slow?" Of course it's losing to them that really hurts. And to play so badly after such a fine season. Going to see the Rolling Stones in NJ tonight and City's last game of the season yesterday was as if the Stones gave their typical astonishingly energetic performance and then for a finale Jagger talks the words of "Satisfaction" to the accompaniment of an acoustic guitar.

Anyway I heard yesterday off someone well connected to the club that pep is definitely going at the end of next season, along with haaland and a few others,

Apparently the club want to do one big shift and change all in one go is what I was told, they want a total reset of the organisation and rather than staff leaving bit by bit, they want to do it in one big movement of staff and players,

I can understand there thinking if this information turns out to be true, most leading companies in the world have a reset every 10 years so that they don’t get complacent and keeps them at the top of the business world as they say.
Not disputing you’ve had a conversation with someone or that Pep may leave end of next year.
I very much doubt there will be a whole reset and more likely to use the concept of succession planning.

Still feels bad. Was confident all week before the game, believing City would summon up the heroes of past Finals: Roy Paul & Bert, Summerbee & Neil Young, Yaya & Vincent Kompany. Expected a comfortable 3-0, maybe even a thrashing. Doubts came in when I saw the line-up and then it was clear that Gvardiol down the left wing was creating nothing. My missus who only occasionally watches said "why are they playing so slow?" Of course it's losing to them that really hurts. And to play so badly after such a fine season. Going to see the Rolling Stones in NJ tonight and City's last game of the season yesterday was as if the Stones gave their typical astonishingly energetic performance and then for a finale Jagger talks the words of "Satisfaction" to the accompaniment of an acoustic guitar.
Yesterday was sickening but you can’t always get what you want

I though the 'big celebrations' were a mistake last Sunday. I've been saying it at work all week.

I know the argument is the players need to celebrate, but mentally you lose that 1or2% that's needed. It's like 'job done, season over'. We did it after Chelsea last season and drew with Brighton and lost at Brentford (with a much changed team I know).

On yesterday's game I agree with the comments on the CBs.
Why play Stones and Ake? Stones has hardly kicked a ball since the semi and Ake limped off at Fulham; playing the last 20 mins against West Ham.
Arrogance? Or has Stones' agent been claiming he's unhappy.
Seriously we needed Akanji's pace and we needed Dias' organisational skills.

We've not had a Pep brainfart for a while (or we've won if he has!) but he got this massively wrong.

And before anyone replies; I'm not entitled (I'm a season ticket holder of over 40 years) but losing yesterday has hurt. You lose games and that happens, but you give yourself the best opportunity to win them.

Yesterday we didn't.

Agree with all of this and like you had expressed the celebrations as a cause for concern to others on the lead up to the game.

To put some context to it. Yesterday I had roughly 4.5 pints spread out over the course of the day. Never felt pissed, went to bed at a reasonable hour and slept soundly. Woke up absolutely fine and felt good all day. Nothing to get stressed over apart from our performance yesterday. Today I had maybe a slightly reduced appetite and marginally elevated resting heart rate. Just got in from a 7ish mile run and my performance was down about 8 percent on where I'd usually be. 4.5 pints is something I'd have drunk in little over an hour in my 'prime' and drinking with my rugby mates. I felt perfectly fine at attempting that distance and still had a drop off of that significance in performance. If people don't think a heavy session a few days before the final had an impact yesterday then they have their head in the sand, as opposed to the players that probably had their heads in a shed most of the week. They're never going to admit to it as what they did was that unprofessional and would rather deflect blame elsewhere to save face. A massive own goal and the decision to approve it is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.