FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Your right I don't think a treble was on this year. We may not have got past Munich and Dortmund would have beaten us if we played like we did against the rags. The Four in a Row was an amazing achievement and should be more than enough to keep everybody happy.

Real played below their best and still beat them. I also remember Chelsea being crap in the cup final vs Leicester but then played much better in the CL final vs City.

What’s more likely is that if we had beaten Real Madrid then winning the league would have been much harder. We may well have drawn one of those away games with 2 semi final games to factor into our fixture list.

Still fucking fuming over this game.
Yep - worse again today - but, but, but "you can't win em all, we won the 4, greedy," etc etc. Yep I know. But it's not an either/or
Hate complacency and the acceptance of it.
You hit your opponents and hated rivals hard when they're down. Once more we got the billows out and put wind in their orrible sails.
A completely unnecessary loss.

Last edited:
I was away for the game so forgive the lateness of my post.

Still gutted like many in here, complacency kicked in on top of any league winning celebrations. It shows how our approach can be stopped and quite easily by utter crap teams as long as they hold a good shape. I really hope we change our style or at least have a plan b next season. Had we still been in the champions league we might not have finished the league season as strongly as we did. The complacency also runs through some fans, I noticed this before the Madrid home game. Last year we pulled the boys through, this year there was an expectancy to beat them the same, I think this happened against United too, we just turn up and expect to walk away with the cup. It should be the biggest reality check to players and fans going. Being champions of England is a great comfort, it still doesn't make losing to them, an 8th placed garbage football team and in that manner acceptable.

Yep - worse again today - but, but, but "you can't win em all, we won the 4, greedy," etc etc. Yep I know. But it's not an either/or
Hate complacency and the acceptance of it.
You hit your opponents and hated rivals hard when they're down. Once more we got the billows out and put wind in their orrible sails.
A completely unnecessary loss.
So many reasons that have me pissed off.
Team never turned up.
Pep with his one at the back when we're up the pitch.
Beaten by hoof-ball.
Missed opportunity to put those fuckers right down.
Cockney scum.

The list goes on. My annoyance is cooling off a bit but, like when you remember when your favourite dog died, it hits me every now and again.

I was away for the game so forgive the lateness of my post.

Still gutted like many in here, complacency kicked in on top of any league winning celebrations. It shows how our approach can be stopped and quite easily by utter crap teams as long as they hold a good shape. I really hope we change our style or at least have a plan b next season. Had we still been in the champions league we might not have finished the league season as strongly as we did. The complacency also runs through some fans, I noticed this before the Madrid home game. Last year we pulled the boys through, this year there was an expectancy to beat them the same, I think this happened against United too, we just turn up and expect to walk away with the cup. It should be the biggest reality check to players and fans going. Being champions of England is a great comfort, it still doesn't make losing to them, an 8th placed garbage football team and in that manner acceptable.

Oh God, I thought all this ‘No Plan B’ nonsense had been put to bed years ago.

Time to draw a line under this game and move on now.

Yup, use it as a motivator for next season that as a team they can’t become complacent. The 2024 City vintage wasn’t as good as previous seasons yet they still managed to win the league when it looked like they were dead and buried in December. There needs to be improvements if Pep wants to topple Madrid in the champions league.

A point often forgotten. Arsenal's defeat at Forest meant we had three league games which didn't really matter so we could prepare for both Wembley and Istanbul.
I posted exactly same yesterday. Plus the early PL win got the obligatory celebratory drinks out of the players systems, to ensure meaningless draw at Brighton, loss and Brentford. Whilst being focused for the FA and Champs League finals.

All those November/December draws last year gave us no slippage/ breathing room, which was a perfect storm against us with Arses improvement, Dippers continued luck ( until Rags/ Palace), Peps insistence on a small squad, numerous injuries and we were just basically knackered by the time of the Real games. The fact we won that FA semi v Chavs, 3 days after that heartbreaking, needless pk loss to Real, was amazing, but bloody annoying when they then proceeded to throw away the double double v Rags in the manner they did.

I always maintain Bayern and Real have it easy as they sew their leagues up ( most years*) by about late March, so have no pressure domestically.

I am of the opinion that progressing in Champs League last season would mote than likely have cost us the PL.

BTW we sort of owe Palace and Villa a thank you for their combined efforts on 14th April!

But that FA Cup final loss will irritate me for a long time. It was needless and could and should have been a Double Double...

They 'shit the bed' after we smashed them at our place.

The main damage was done in the three games before they played us. All three draws including Southampton at home. They were already wobbling and we just killed them off.

They actually beat Chelsea and Newcastle- away in the next two games, with the league gone and the pressure off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.