FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

The last 13 years have indeed been amazing supporting City, and last year's efforts including the treble and four in a row was as near to perfection as any team will get.

But this was a cup final against nothing more than a shit team, and City just didn't turn up until it was too late. That's what's pissed me off.
Based on what you posted previously it’s the United fans when you were a youth that have really pissed you off, not the performance last Saturday.

Great teams sometimes don’t turn up. Shit reams sometimes beat great teams. It’s football.

I will still have very fond memories of last season and what this group of players achieved, which was historic and unprecedented, and I’m not going to let a flat, subpar performance at the end tarnish that. That would be wrong and disproportionate.

Anyway, we all have our own perspective and ways of supporting the club - and I hope you have a good summer! :-)

Lot of hindsight being used there. I’ve already said myself that I was surprised at the line up. But it was hardly a League Cup 2nd round type team.

He picked what he thought was the best team for the job. Turns out he was wrong. Even the best are sometimes. But it was a world away from a couple of those semi final surrenders in terms of selection.

Stones has spent half his career injured. Yet how many times has he stepped straight back in after weeks out and played a blinder?

I like Doku. But he’s hardly been a guaranteed starter when the best X1 was being picked. I’d be a rich man if I had a pound for the number of times this season I’ve heard a comment like… He’s a good impact player to bring on when the opposition are tired but he doesn’t offer enough when he starts.
It was more our uncharacteristic sloppiness in the first half..never seen so many missed passes. People are trying to tell me the celebrations didn't effect us. I just say first half it definitely looked like it did. sooo many awful passes let alone lack of tracking back ..I think the first goal was just a mistake by Steph, came against the run of play - If we had been on it we would have fought back and made them pay for a fortunate goal. We didn't we just ambled into a nightmare second goal ...we did better 2nd half as they sat deep and Doku was on it, that was about it. Very disappointed with what seemed questionable decisions made by players..it seemed..very un City like - bit worrying for many of us watching really.

It was more our uncharacteristic sloppiness in the first half..never seen so many missed passes. People are trying to tell me the celebrations didn't effect us. I just say first half it definitely looked like it did. sooo many awful passes let alone lack of tracking back ..I think the first goal was just a mistake by Steph, came against the run of play - If we had been on it we would have fought back and made them pay for a fortunate goal. We didn't we just ambled into a nightmare second goal ...we did better 2nd half as they sat deep and Doku was on it, that was about it. Very disappointed with what seemed questionable decisions made by players..it seemed..very un City like - bit worrying for many of us watching really.
I still get annoyed that Rico or Oscar saw zero minutes when it was crying out for some energy on that pitch. Oscar should've replaced Bernardo and Rico wouldn't have done any worse than Alvarez if he'd come on at half time

Where the f*cks our Scheme ticket points?

They were quick enough to take the money out of our banks and drag us all around the country and waste our time at Wembley for the final.

FFS City, let’s have a bit of give & take ;-)

It was as much about the team selection as it was us apparently "not turning up." I'm still adamant that if Pep had approached it correctly and Akanj and Dias had started as they did for all the important league games we win 3-0 or 4-0.

Last edited:

The thing if we all have very selective memories.

If you sat down for a few days and watched reruns of every first half over the last few years, I reckon you’d find plenty that were on a par with Wembley.

The difference is if we don’t give away a couple of stupid goals, we normally come out and win the game comfortably second half and the first half is completely forgotten about before you’ve got home for your tea.

The thing if we all have very selective memories.

If you sat down for a few days and watched reruns of every first half over the last few years, I reckon you’d find plenty that were on a par with Wembley.

The difference is if we don’t give away a couple of stupid goals, we normally come out and win the game comfortably second half and the first half is completely forgotten about before you’ve got home for your tea.
Thats a fair point but the 2 goals were symptomaric of a where the club was in that final on that day

I still get annoyed that Rico or Oscar saw zero minutes when it was crying out for some energy on that pitch. Oscar should've replaced Bernardo and Rico wouldn't have done any worse than Alvarez if he'd come on at half time
Alvarez did ok bar his shit finishing. He got into some dangerous positions. We totally dominated the second half after he came on. Lewis wouldn’t have made any difference against two parked buses.

Not for me.
Don't want to hear my captain rimming his friends in the Yanited dressing room, thanks.
Kyle's a player and players see things differently from fans (their world is very different to ours). In the 60s and 70s after derbies, Buzzer, Franny, Colin and co were out drinking with the United players in the bars along Deansgate. He can say what he likes - doesn't bother me - the important thing is he delivers on the pitch for us. It's good that we have players that don't chant the scripted mantra. Right now, the rags aren't even a rival - they're a thirty points inferior side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.