18.Barry 4 pts

8.Nasri 6 pts

4.Kompany 9 pts

33.Nastasic 7 pts

21.Silva 4 pts

42.Touré 7 pts

32.Tevez 5 pts

16.Agüero 6 pts

Firstly, hats off to Wigan, they fully deserved it today. However, there are no excuses for that performance today, truly shocking. The players just didn't show up, despite having a rest on Tuesday (10 of Wigan's 11 played on Tuesday). Yaya looked shattered after 15 mins, and the gap between midfield and defence was just ridiculous.

Every time they went forward, they looked dangerous, albeit only having 1 shot on target. Don't really know why Tevez was subbed off, as IMO he was our best player at that point. If anyone should have gone off, surely it would be Sergio? Rarely had a touch all game. Feel sorry for Zaba, but what an awful pass from Barry which led to it!

Unsure on Mancini's future now though, would love him to stay after everything he's done for the club, but just got a feeling that he won't be here at the start of next season. We'll be back next year better and stronger after this, could be the kick up the backside we need. City till I die!!

Mrmcfc said:
Our midfield was woeful today, truly shocking display.
Where to start?...

The Tevez and Nasri substitutions were absolutely baffling considering they were the only players creating upfront. Certainly others deserved to be subbed before those two... Aguero, Silva and Toure for example.

Silva was particularly dreadful today, his game was summed up for me in the second half when Mcmanamanamanamanamanaman (i believe) literally walked past him on the edge of the box. It was genuinely shocking for a professional footballer to not even get a foot in.

Although he's never been the quickest, Barrys lack of mobility today was seriously abused. Yaya basically walked around the pitch all match gasping for air. Whilst Wigan won the midfield battle with ease and played between the lines no problem at all.

We seriously need to put some energy into the center of midfield, there was absolutely no pressure on the ball at times. And that could have been resolved by putting on some industrious legs in the form of Milner and Rodwell.

Also, how hard is it to spot when a player needs help?
Clichy was given an absolute torrid time, yet mancini does fuck all.
Put milner on that side with him, if you're going to put him on a wing. At least milner puts in a shift defensively and could have stopped mcmanamananans significant impact on the game.

Sad to say , but good post, mate

However the players must also hold their hands up

middle-englandblue said:
citymad said:
The players looked shattered and unfit. I'd be questioning our fitness program at the moment. Maybe too much time spent on this frustrating to watch tippy tap football rather than working on energy levels and closing teams down.

Agree and they have looked shattered for weeks, it was an unexplainable
performance
not helped by the HUGE gulf in quality between the first 11 and the reserves. The fullbacks just haven't been able to have been given a rest as their back up is so poor. The same can be said for the midfielders. And strikers.

Superr said:
1.Hart 8 pts

5.Zabaleta 5 pts

22.Clichy 6 pts

18.Barry 4 pts

8.Nasri 6 pts

4.Kompany 9 pts

33.Nastasic 7 pts

21.Silva 4 pts

42.Touré 7 pts

32.Tevez 5 pts

16.Agüero 6 pts
PMSL

Superr said:
1.Hart 8 pts

5.Zabaleta 5 pts

22.Clichy 6 pts

18.Barry 4 pts

8.Nasri 6 pts

4.Kompany 9 pts

33.Nastasic 7 pts

21.Silva 4 pts

42.Touré 7 pts

32.Tevez 5 pts

16.Agüero 6 pts

It's not the fucking eurovision song contest...

Blame lies at Mancini's fault and solely his. He built this slow team with no width and it gets found out time after time. It's a fucking disgrace

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
razinho said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Good grief.
Subs were spot on? Taking off our best player on the day and the only one who looked threatening, Tevez? Of course with the Bobby inners, nothing is ever his fault.
Nasri could hardly be described as our best player today. In regards to the Tevez sub, we were getting absolutely mauled in midfield, they were getting to our defense without much effort so bringing on Rodwell was pretty much correct. I'm not someone who will defend Mancini to the hills but to blame him for this is laughable, he can set everything up perfectly but if noone cares then it's bound to fail. I'm surprised we managed to almost reach extra time!

I'm not describing Nasri as our best player, I'm referring to Tevez.
Yeah, Rodwell had a fantastic impact on the game....he completely dominated midfield when he came on (not), missed a free header from 5 yards out then lost their guy at the corner allowing him to score so yep, well spotted, he had a blinder and bringing him on was clearly the correct decision.
Not once did I say that Rodwell had a good game, the idea behind the sub was correct and if you look at my original post you'll see I blamed individual performances for the loss. In terms of their goal, if Rodwell was supposed to be marking Watson then who was marking that young lad that ran free?

Another under-par performance. The story of our season.

Damn right I want Mancini here next season, he will have some critics he'll want to silence.

Time for the club to speak up now though. Silence is painful

The players also have some making up to do.

Well Wisher said:
Amazing energy from Wigan - They had the bus parked when they needed to, AND had enough forward when the chance arose. Of course, it's only natural that they were the squad who needed no extra motivational talks on a day like this.

It did highlight your slow attack, but this is the first season where the majority of your opposition has set up for a nil-nil, and lesser teams have learnt to frustrate you. Next season Roberto(?) needs to learn to stretch negative opposition and bang em in fast! ...if the media allow him to stay. What was all that about anyway??? Fkn media are worse than the rags on here.

Agreed.. nasty , lazy minded bunch of vindictive cowards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.