FA Cup Final Post Match thread

If anyone can explain why professionals earning in excess of 100k per week cannot motivate themselves for an important final played in front of global millions, for a cup that is important to the club and the fans, then please do so. I am at a loss to understand it.

There will no doubt be an increase of the “Mancini out” shouts but you won’t hear me saying it. Bobby has taken us to places we could only dream of several seasons ago. He took us to the same place Wigan are now at; we’ve been in the same fight for relegation that Wigan are in and it was Bobby & our owners who moved us away from that. There is a lot for us to identify with in comparison to Wigan and other clubs like them and we should never forget that.
Those that were there yesterday will agree that 75% of the ground was Sky Blue. There were moments when the support was great with flag waving and singing. However, in the main, City supporters were, I thought, pretty quiet. Surely a 75% support should have made more noise? I supported with pride and passion to the bitter end. The majority of supporters immediately around me did not. They were silently hugging their flags while the rest of us were singing and waving flags. They had as much pride and passion about them as the players did. When Dzeko came on I yelled (really loudly) “Dzeko? Why him? You might as well put me on” and those around me either said nothing or gave me a disapproving stare. Sums it up.

I’m disappointed we lost and I’m disappointed our players couldn’t find it in them to be bothered. Perhaps they will be humble enough to reimburse the ticket holders the cost of their ticket out of the undeserved wages they earned yesterday.

bluey1959 said:
If anyone can explain why professionals earning in excess of 100k per week cannot motivate themselves for an important final played in front of global millions, for a cup that is important to the club and the fans, then please do so. I am at a loss to understand it.

There will no doubt be an increase of the “Mancini out” shouts but you won’t hear me saying it. Bobby has taken us to places we could only dream of several seasons ago. He took us to the same place Wigan are now at; we’ve been in the same fight for relegation that Wigan are in and it was Bobby & our owners who moved us away from that. There is a lot for us to identify with in comparison to Wigan and other clubs like them and we should never forget that.
Those that were there yesterday will agree that 75% of the ground was Sky Blue. There were moments when the support was great with flag waving and singing. However, in the main, City supporters were, I thought, pretty quiet. Surely a 75% support should have made more noise? I supported with pride and passion to the bitter end. The majority of supporters immediately around me did not. They were silently hugging their flags while the rest of us were singing and waving flags. They had as much pride and passion about them as the players did. When Dzeko came on I yelled (really loudly) “Dzeko? Why him? You might as well put me on” and those around me either said nothing or gave me a disapproving stare. Sums it up.

I’m disappointed we lost and I’m disappointed our players couldn’t find it in them to be bothered. Perhaps they will be humble enough to reimburse the ticket holders the cost of their ticket out of the undeserved wages they earned yesterday.
Your answer...
professionals earning in excess of 100k per week cannot motivate themselves
I would put the effort in for that sort of money. But that's because I'm not on that sort of money - it would take me years to earn what they get in a week. If I was, then I might also take the attitude that there's little point running around for a couple of hours in that week if the money's coming to me anyway like it did last week and the week before and the week before that and so on.

More pertinently, why was the manager not able to motivate them?

we were just outplayed - simple as that. We were one paced with no plan B Martinez simply stopped Joe passing it out short by pressing up and forced Joe to kick long. Tevez and Kun against Scharner and Boyce meant we surrendered the ball straight away and allowed Wigan to come back at us. Oh and weren't we woeful when we haven't got the ball !!?? No game changers on the bench despite the cash we have spent and some evidence of a poor recruitment policy of late - Sinclair, Rodwell, Clichy, Nasri, etc etc - do they strengthen our squad? Not for me they don't. Clichy typified the performance - McManaman tore him apart but it was nothing tricksy - jut knock it past him and beat him in a foot race. Clichy looked like this was all new to him (??) or that he couldn't care. Time to stop buying Arsenals "best" players - they have one jack shit for some time after all - time for a rethink of our squad and as a Booby supporter I am worried that I am now questioning his position

Not the first time this has happened to us with Bobby. Mid way through last season he slowed our play down blaming fatigue and fixture list. As a result we ended up 8 points behind the rags before we put some effort in and clawed it all back.

Last few games we've seen exactly the same slow play and players being rested. Problem is with this approach is that our players find it hard to kick back into life when needed. Few played midweek and as a result didn't look match fit. In contrast Wigan players looked sharp and hungry.

Who ever manages us next season I just hope we take every game as serious as the next. No going through the motions to save energy. Better to be going into big games full of confidence having beaten previous opponents 3-0 after putting in a proper shift as opposed to scraping through 0-0 because we are saving ourselves.

Subs were a joke...

I remember seeing Milner on the sideline thinking "Oh, yes, thats probably a good idea"

But who comes off? Samir Nasri

So I thought "Well, maybe there is a good reason for this, even though a bit surprising"

Then Jack is about to come on. So I thought "finally Yaya is getting off, he can barely jog"

And then Tevez, our hardest working player, comes off....

My face expression looked just like his. I mean wtf?

You want to win a game and you take off the most threatening players of ours who have really hit form lately. God knows what they must have been thinking...

bluemathlady said:
Subs were a joke...

I remember seeing Milner on the sideline thinking "Oh, yes, thats probably a good idea"

But who comes off? Samir Nasri

So I thought "Well, maybe there is a good reason for this, even though a bit surprising"

Then Jack is about to come on. So I thought "finally Yaya is getting off, he can barely jog"

And then Tevez, our hardest working player, comes off....

My face expression looked just like his. I mean wtf?

You want to win a game and you take off the most threatening players of ours who have really hit form lately. God knows what they must have been thinking...

Yeah. Milner made a difference for a while but should have been on for Silva. Rodwell should have been for Toure who clearly wasn't fit from the first minute.

Pam said:
ayeGibson said:
Train said:
I saw that and thought we were fucked too. Incredibly baffling substitutions.

& Dzeko on at the 91' is just...lol.

yep....

BBC2qZ0.png

How the fuck could that be true when it was 0-0 at the time?

If Mancini couldn't see with his own eyes that Tevez was
Much the better player than Aguero then he needs an eye test.

It was a fcking ludicrous substitution. As ludicrous as making Tevez play 92 minutes on the Tuesday whilst aguero who has been shit all season bar the odd game didn't get a minute!

Shite management this week from Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.