FA Cup Final Post Match thread

uwe28 said:
Dethred said:
Marvin said:
Formation didn't come into it. We lost because our passing game was slow, and couldn't penetrate their back 4. We needed a player like AJ who could beat a man one on one.

I rest my case.

It wasn't the formation change that led to a loss or draw in 90% of the times it was used.

It was because we sold Adam Johnson in the summer. Please excuse me while I laugh and cry at the same time, both from utter bemusement.
Exactly.Bobby Manc was meant to be going for Sanchez,Martinez,Sanchez winger what we need-Martinez Attacking Mid,maybe winger.Maybe it was Marwood or Fair play rules were contributing factors but we all know Sinclair was the cheap option.If Bobby had the players he wanted last summer maybe it would be different!!!
Our forward play this season is significantly weaker than last. AJ gone. Balotelli gone. And Dzeko half out the door. mancini has been repeatedly linked with wide forwards and he's said it's a position he's been looking at, but we didn't get the players we wanted.

This is the area where we must strengthen

Marvin said:
uwe28 said:
Dethred said:
I rest my case.

It wasn't the formation change that led to a loss or draw in 90% of the times it was used.

It was because we sold Adam Johnson in the summer. Please excuse me while I laugh and cry at the same time, both from utter bemusement.
Exactly.Bobby Manc was meant to be going for Sanchez,Martinez,Sanchez winger what we need-Martinez Attacking Mid,maybe winger.Maybe it was Marwood or Fair play rules were contributing factors but we all know Sinclair was the cheap option.If Bobby had the players he wanted last summer maybe it would be different!!!
Our forward play this season is significantly weaker than last. AJ gone. Balotelli gone. And Dzeko half out the door. mancini has been repeatedly linked with wide forwards and he's said it's a position he's been looking at, but we didn't get the players we wanted.

Interesting. I think our midfield is in dire need of wholesale change, with an emphasis on pace and width.

Barry will be gone in the summer because he is just not quick enough.

Biggest disappointment for me was aguero. Absolute gash and why he stayed on while our only decent player Tevez went off I will never know!

Marvin said:

Fernandhino will the best piece of business we make this summer. Our midfield is so far behind the best its not funny. Sure you can strengthen your forwards, but it doesn't change the fact that we'll still be overrun by a lot of teams that know how to press and press well and when that happens, our forwards won't even get a look in.

The engine of the team is the most important area we must strengthen, then the forwards.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Biggest disappointment for me was aguero. Absolute gash and why he stayed on while our only decent player Tevez went off I will never know!
Tevez and nasri were our two best players on the day. Very unlucky to be subbed

I agree about Barry. Good passer but too slow. Our whole team is pedestrian compared to Bayern and Dortmund. We should be looking at what they do

Marvin said:

I agree about Barry. Good passer but too slow. Our whole team is pedestrian compared to Bayern and Dortmund. We should be looking at what they do

Just how the fuck do our two best players get subbed?

Marvin said:

And that means bring in 1 or 2 people over the summer who can cross and a provide a goal threat from wide! I think it also shows that we should perhaps we should target the midfield and wings first and striker second. Look at Bayern, Gomez, Mandzukic and Pizzaro (he once was) are hardly considered the best strikers in the world but the service is top notch and the midfielders all contribute goals (Muller with 21, Robben 11, Kroos/Ribery/Schweinsteiger on 9 and Shaqiri with 8).

What made it worse was he went off for Rodwell hahahahaha Mancini at his best

Wretched Vengeance said:
Just how the fuck do our two best players get subbed?

Mancini has always always subbed Tevez ahead of Aguero and never subs Yaya even though the right move would have been Rodwell for him and keep Nasri on.

Looks like it will cost him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.