FA Cup Final | Ticket Criteria

Can someone tell me why someone in a supporters club is more worthy of a ticket than someone who isn’t? Fine if you want to be in a supporters club for travel but what the fuck had this got to do with loyalty or better eligibility for tickets? Why is there an allocation to supporters clubs at all? Let’s be clear, a City fan who is in a SC is not better than one who isn’t, and vice versa.
SC chairman should use the F & F facility like the rest of us.

Things change, years ago we could turn up and pay on the gate almost anywhere...that stopped.

Just because SC's have had tickets in the past should mean nowt in 2023 unless the club have some left for a wet Wednesday night at Southampton.

It's probably been said before but it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that a season ticket holder with a couple of thousand points who is on the scheme can get a ticket before an ST holder with 25,000 points who isn't on the scheme.

Lol. Why is it ridiculous? You knew the terms when deciding whether or not to sign up for the cup schemes. The only reason somebody wouldn't sign up for the fa cup cup scheme is because they can't be bothered going Bradford or Leyton orient at home in the early rounds.
Don't give me bullshit that you can't afford it, cost of living etc, because if you can't afford a £15 ticket then you deffo can't afford to be paying nearly £200 per person for a trip to Wembley.

It's probably been said before but it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that a season ticket holder with a couple of thousand points who is on the scheme can get a ticket before an ST holder with 25,000 points who isn't on the scheme.
Whilst I agree with the logic, we all knew the score at the start of the season didn’t we.

I’m also not in the cup scheme although I’ve ended up going to every home match across all comps anyway so I may as well have been.

SC chairman should use the F & F facility like the rest of us.

Things change, years ago we could turn up and pay on the gate almost anywhere...that stopped.

Just because SC's have had tickets in the past should mean nowt in 2023 unless the club have some left for a wet Wednesday night at Southampton.
Why is there an allocation to supporters clubs, seemingly nothing to do with individual eligibility? And why are chair people of SC’s allegedly allowed to decide who to allocate tickets to? Seriously I don’t get it, which is why I am asking

Agreed but at least that’s something that’s publicised; the allocation of tickets to SC’s, and then how SC chair people distribute them to their club members is far shadier

Can someone tell me why someone in a supporters club is more worthy of a ticket than someone who isn’t? Fine if you want to be in a supporters club for travel but what the fuck had this got to do with loyalty or better eligibility for tickets? Why is there an allocation to supporters clubs at all? Let’s be clear, a City fan who is in a SC is not better than one who isn’t, and vice versa.
I don't think they are more worthy, just as I don't think 18 to 24-year olds are more worthy, or corporate, or players' family members, or kids whose parents have a lot of points, or people who are on cup schemes etc.

However, that's how the club have decided to allocate tickets. Personally I have no problem with it as it allows a wider range of fans to be able to attend matches. The majority still go to points but the points system is pretty much a closed shop these days and otherwise it would be just the same people eligible for every away game.

It's been that way for decades mate, it's just the way it is. It's the same with employees at the club getting them too, loads of them don't even support City but will probably be entitled to a ticket if they want one. For the fa cup final all clubs associated with the fa get some tickets too. The actual allocation for the finalists has actually increased quite a lot over the years. I'm sure it used to be just over 20,000 when Wembley had a 100,000 capacity.

Lol. Why is it ridiculous? You knew the terms when deciding whether or not to sign up for the cup schemes. The only reason somebody wouldn't sign up for the fa cup cup scheme is because they can't be bothered going Bradford or Leyton orient at home in the early rounds.
Don't give me bullshit that you can't afford it, cost of living etc, because if you can't afford a £15 ticket then you deffo can't afford to be paying nearly £200 per person for a trip to Wembley.

Why not commit to the earlier rounds then?
It's ridiculous because the person with much higher points has demonstrated their support since points were devised.
I'm in the scheme and have my Wembley ticket, I just think prioritising cup scheme members is wrong.

Could someone who is eligible to buy tickets now, buy them and transfer them via F&F to people who aren’t yet eligible?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.