FA Cup Final | Ticket Criteria

Whilst I agree with the logic, we all knew the score at the start of the season didn’t we.

I’m also not in the cup scheme although I’ve ended up going to every home match across all comps anyway so I may as well have been.
Agree,we knew the rules at the start of the season and what the qualification criteria would be.Not sure I agree with our tickets distribution as I have been to some European Away’s in which my son missed out and he’s on all schemes,over 17000 points and I have been talking to people at the games who don’t even have ST!
And the point system doesn’t really work in my opinion

It's ridiculous because the person with much higher points has demonstrated their support since points were devised.
I'm in the scheme and have my Wembley ticket, I just think prioritising cup scheme members is wrong.
You'd risk turning the following into a crowd more suited for a day of bingo. Not only does prioritising those on the cup scheme make it more accessible for younger fans, but it also rewards commitment to being willing to turn up to the early rounds at home again Tranmere, etc.

Let's not forget that a lot of those on 25,000+ points would have achieved a chunk from doing cracking away days. It's a lot harder to catch up now and the only way you can start to make a small dent in it is by attending those early home games which those not on the cup scheme can't be arsed with.

Last edited:
I don't think they are more worthy, just as I don't think 18 to 24-year olds are more worthy, or corporate, or players' family members, or kids whose parents have a lot of points, or people who are on cup schemes etc.

However, that's how the club have decided to allocate tickets. Personally I have no problem with it as it allows a wider range of fans to be able to attend matches. The majority still go to points but the points system is pretty much a closed shop these days and otherwise it would be just the same people eligible for every away game.
The points system is a lot fairer, at least it’s measurable and means tickets are going to loyal people, even if they are old. Opening some up to younger fans makes sense, but supporters clubs is a joke. The number of lads I’ve seen at big games who I’ve not seen for years/decades and who admit they got their tickets cos (although they don’t have season tickets or go much any more) they are still friendly with the chairman of a SC is a lot, it’s inappropriate at best

Last edited:
It's probably been said before but it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that a season ticket holder with a couple of thousand points who is on the scheme can get a ticket before an ST holder with 25,000 points who isn't on the scheme.
The number of ST holders on 25, 000 points and not in the cup scheme will be in single digits. And that number will be 0.

The points system is a lot fairer, at least it’s measurable and mean tickets are going to loyal people, if they are old. Opening some up to younger fans makes sense, but supporters clubs is a joke. The number of lads I’ve seen at big games who I’ve not seen for years/decades and who admit they got their tickets cos (although they don’t have season tickets or go much any more) they are still friendly with the chairman of a SC is a lot, it’s inappropriate at best
Why does it make sense to open to younger people? Why should a 23-year old have a better chance of a ticket than a 26-year old etc?

It should either be points system only or have different avenues to be able to get a ticket for aways. As I've said, I personally prefer the latter as it give more chance to a wider range of Blues, especially now the points system is pretty much a closed shop.

Probably a daft question,I see that the sales windows started yesterday,and the next change of criteria is not until Monday,however,are the tickets purchable over the Week end?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.