FA Cup Final | United (N) - Sat 3rd June 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When they had their extremely lucky win for the treble in the "Champions" League,

I'm afraid I was rooting for Bayern during that match. They were dominated by Bayern right through the match. Bayern hit the woodwork at least once, and I think maybe twice. The rags did not so much as lay a glove on them till the final five minutes.
The next day, a sort-of friend, an American who more or less followed English football, phoned me up, thinking I'd be jubilant. I soon put him right on that one.

I'm afraid I was rooting for Bayern during that match. They were dominated by Bayern right through the match. Bayern hit the woodwork at least once, and I think maybe twice. The rags did not so much as lay a glove on them till the final five minutes.
The next day, a sort-of friend, an American who more or less followed English football, phoned me up, thinking I'd be jubilant. I soon put him right on that one.
All blues were rooting for Bayern that game

I lived in Stretford at the time not far from the swamp and it wasn't nice being a blue round there at that time with the glory hunting Rags

Remember they had a parade planned down Talbot Rd and on my way home for work had a City flag out of my sunroof and bluemoon blasting out on the radio

Got pulled by the police for that, but the look on the Rags faces lining the streets was pure gold

Very much looking forward to any published training photos today. Hopefully those with niggles the last 10 days are back to work.

That's pretty much the way I see it. I want us to win against Inter — very much — but I don't see that result as finally ‘validating’ us in some way. We're already, without question, one of the great teams of any era, First Division or Premier League. Whether we're the ‘greatest’ or not, I really don't care. It's a question without a serious answer.
However, the match at the weekend will be viewed throughout the world, by millions (as will the CL, of course). It's against the old enemy. Think of the banner. Think of the arrogance, the tone for which was set first and foremost by that Scottish bully who they employed for twenty-five years. Think of going in to school on the Monday — which I didn't have to go through, mercifully — and the taunts, or worse. Think of that ridiculous spin circus which the media bought into so obsequiously: the Theatre of fucking Dreams! Simply fuckwit Red! Think of the legions of plastics, in Adelaide, in Chennai, in Lagos, in Quito, who've never been within a thousand miles of Manchester, let alone gone through the turnstiles of their stadium.
No really, we must win, and we must win handsomely. This opportunity has never arisen before, and it will not come again in my lifetime.

Good comments, can I make one correction: the Scottish bully wasn't employed for twenty-five years, it is 37 (and counting) he still gets something like £4 million a year as some sort of consultant/director.

At the start of the season there was talk of a footballing 'think-tank' with him and Bryan Robson and some other guy, I wonder if that did 'owt, or was it quietly sidelined by ETH who doesn't seem to be the guy who would want advice from old school shouty bullies and a failed ex-Middlesborough manager.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.