FA Cup Games 7/8/9/10 January

I thought I might offer some observations after tonight’s debacle

1. The old cliche ‘they wanted it more’ was in evidence tonight. Forest wanted it more and deserved the victory.
2. It also demonstrated to me that we are some way from challenging for the title. City’s second team would likely beat everyone other than possibly Liverpool or Chelsea. Our second team couldn’t beat Forest.
3. Holding, Nketiah (I’m fed up with him missing easy chances, why Arteta wants him to stay is beyond me) and Cedric are just not good enough. Patino despite his potential looked a kid with grown ups.
4. I think Arteta with now such a small squad available, decided to concentrate on the EFL semis with Liverpool and the league. How else can you explain being 1-0 down, he brings on Kolasinac?
Maybe that’ll pay off. Who knows?

It’s the hope that kills you
I hope it does pay off on Thursday, and the following Thursday.

Assuming there’s not a spate of new covid cases at liverpool of course …

Was that not a back pass in the Arsenal game
I know I'm a bit late here, but no, he uses his knee to pass it to his keeper. The rules are you cannot deliberately kick the ball to your keeper and then have him pick it up.

A kick is deemed only to happen with a player's foot. So the knee, and technically the shin is allowed, though the last one might be a bit risky, depending on the referee.

1. The old cliche ‘they wanted it more’ was in evidence tonight. Forest wanted it more and deserved the victory.
2. It also demonstrated to me that we are some way from challenging for the title. City’s second team would likely beat everyone other than possibly Liverpool or Chelsea. Our second team couldn’t

2. It also demonstrated to me that we are some way from challenging for the title. City’s second team would likely beat everyone other than possibly Liverpool or Chelsea. Our second team couldn’t beat Forest.
3. Holding, Nketiah (I’m fed up with him missing easy chances, why Arteta wants him to stay is beyond me) and Cedric are just not good enough. Patino despite his potential looked a kid with grown ups.
4. I think Arteta with now such a small squad available, decided to concentrate on the EFL semis with Liverpool and the league. How else can you explain being 1-0 down, he brings on Kolasinac?

Indeed.

Now go and beat the cheating Scouse cunts to wemblee in the cup that matters.

:)

What's your thought on Tavares' reaction to getting subbed? He was having a 'mare, by the way.

Ridiculously empty ground at Stoke judging from the highlights. their self proclaimed famous atmosphere and fans quickly bailed on them the minute they dropped out of the Premier league.

Average attendance of just over 20,000 this season in a stadium that holds over 30,000. And even their highest attendance was only 22,703.

Interestingly only five Championship clubs are averaging more than 20k for home games this season, and only one club has managed a single game with over 30k (Blackpool of all clubs), which is pretty depressing.

What's your thought on Tavares' reaction to getting subbed? He was having a 'mare, by the way.
He’s young and felt humiliated at being taken off after only 30 minutes or so which explains his moment of petulance - he has put in some good performances but still has much to learn. He did have a mare as you rightly point out primarily because he’s a wing back not a full back and he was constantly out of position pressing forward too early leaving the defence exposed. His passing was also poor on the day. He'll get over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.