FA Cup Games 7/8/9/10 January

I know I'm a bit late here, but no, he uses his knee to pass it to his keeper. The rules are you cannot deliberately kick the ball to your keeper and then have him pick it up.

A kick is deemed only to happen with a player's foot. So the knee, and technically the shin is allowed, though the last one might be a bit risky, depending on the referee.
So technically to time waste you could pass it out to a defender who flicks it up and knees it back to the keeper? Cancelo could do that all day. Why don't people do this?

So technically to time waste you could pass it out to a defender who flicks it up and knees it back to the keeper? Cancelo could do that all day. Why don't people do this?
There's a paragraph in the law that states any deliberate tricks to pass it back your goalkeeper is 'unsporting behavior' and can be cautioned. They might, and probably will, consider your scenario a deliberate trick.

There's a paragraph in the law that states any deliberate tricks to pass it back your goalkeeper is 'unsporting behavior' and can be cautioned. They might, and probably will, consider your scenario a deliberate trick.
Figured it must be covered somewhere. Cheers.

I know I'm a bit late here, but no, he uses his knee to pass it to his keeper. The rules are you cannot deliberately kick the ball to your keeper and then have him pick it up.

A kick is deemed only to happen with a player's foot. So the knee, and technically the shin is allowed, though the last one might be a bit risky, depending on the referee.

i have a vague memory of a city game in the 90s where we fell foul of this rule. I think we were incorrectly penalised when it was kneed back to the keeper by a defender and it lead to a goal.

Could be getting stuff mixed up but I’m sure there was some sort of controversy- as there always was with city!

i have a vague memory of a city game in the 90s where we fell foul of this rule. I think we were incorrectly penalised when it was kneed back to the keeper by a defender and it lead to a goal.

Could be getting stuff mixed up but I’m sure there was some sort of controversy- as there always was with city!
It's not really common knowledge among most football watchers or even players, as you could tell by the reaction of several Arsenal players yesterday when the Forest player played it back with his knee. So I can absolutely see some referees not knowing it either. Looked like even Pawson was unsure, as he seemed to be chatting with his assistants on the comms after the situation.

I have a feeling that United will be bricking it tonight. They are going to be full of nerves and lots of mistakes whilst I think Villa will be quite relaxed and will get an early goal (first 15 minutes). There will be toys from prams thrown all over the pitch and tantrums and tears galore, I'm expecting a comfortable win.

I'm quite looking forward to this game, something I very rarely say about games involving that lot. The last time was v Barcelona in 2011 and look what happened then!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.