FA Cup Games 7/8/9/10 January

I thought I might offer some observations after tonight’s debacle

1. The old cliche ‘they wanted it more’ was in evidence tonight. Forest wanted it more and deserved the victory.
2. It also demonstrated to me that we are some way from challenging for the title. City’s second team would likely beat everyone other than possibly Liverpool or Chelsea. Our second team couldn’t beat Forest.
3. Holding, Nketiah (I’m fed up with him missing easy chances, why Arteta wants him to stay is beyond me) and Cedric are just not good enough. Patino despite his potential looked a kid with grown ups.
4. I think Arteta with now such a small squad available, decided to concentrate on the EFL semis with Liverpool and the league. How else can you explain being 1-0 down, he brings on Kolasinac?
Maybe that’ll pay off. Who knows?

It’s the hope that kills you
It was a terrible game that did thankfully liven up a bit in the second half. Even Forest didn't look interested for a long while. I sometimes think coaches nowadays concentrate on all the technical stuff when you still need good old heart, desire and effort to go with it.

Pep normally goes pretty strong in all cup competitions while trying to incorporate some youth as well.

Arsenal, like the rags, kind of sleepwalked into the mess they are in so it will take a while to put it right. Arteta seems to be on track.

Arsenal players kitted out for last night's match in an all white strip as part of 'anti-knife crime initiative'. Really? Ultimate in virtue-signalling by pampered millionaires more like. What impact will that have other than to make it about them? Just waiting for the dippers to follow suit with their contribution to solving global conflict by wearing a changed kit.

I thought I might offer some observations after tonight’s debacle

1. The old cliche ‘they wanted it more’ was in evidence tonight. Forest wanted it more and deserved the victory.
2. It also demonstrated to me that we are some way from challenging for the title. City’s second team would likely beat everyone other than possibly Liverpool or Chelsea. Our second team couldn’t beat Forest.
3. Holding, Nketiah (I’m fed up with him missing easy chances, why Arteta wants him to stay is beyond me) and Cedric are just not good enough. Patino despite his potential looked a kid with grown ups.
4. I think Arteta with now such a small squad available, decided to concentrate on the EFL semis with Liverpool and the league. How else can you explain being 1-0 down, he brings on Kolasinac?
Maybe that’ll pay off. Who knows?

It’s the hope that kills you
Cheers Jack. Always good to hear the views of rival fans when it's done with such honesty. Any chance you could have a word with that complete cock, Alan Davies?

Cheers Jack. Always good to hear the views of rival fans when it's done with such honesty. Any chance you could have a word with that complete cock, Alan Davies?
I heard the Alan Davies ‘rant’. I honestly don’t think he was being serious, more a self parody - he’s meant to be a comedian after all. I wouldn’t take it too seriously and if the boot had been on the other foot, I’d have enjoyed it as let’s face it, City are on top, not Arsenal. Be happy, you lot have everything to be pleased about.

I heard the Alan Davies ‘rant’. I honestly don’t think he was being serious, more a self parody - he’s meant to be a comedian after all. I wouldn’t take it too seriously and if the boot had been on the other foot, I’d have enjoyed it as let’s face it, City are on top, not Arsenal. Be happy, you lot have everything to be pleased about.
You really are too reasonable to be posting on here Jack. Best regards.

Nah - it wasn't anything like a "self parody".

Average attendance of just over 20,000 this season in a stadium that holds over 30,000. And even their highest attendance was only 22,703.

Interestingly only five Championship clubs are averaging more than 20k for home games this season, and only one club has managed a single game with over 30k (Blackpool of all clubs), which is pretty depressing.
How did Blackpool manage that in a stadium that only holds 16k?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.