FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw | Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you professor.

200w.gif

Tell you what. Quite happy to do a charity bet with you witnessed by an independent bluemooner.
You hit red or black 10 times on the bounce, I'll pay £500 to your chosen charity, you don't you pay £500 to mine.
Deal?
Do I get an unlimited number of spins to get the 10 on the bounce or just 10 spins?

If it's unlimited, I'll take the bet ;)

I've been a croupier, I've seen 10 consecutive red rolls, black rolls, odd rolls, even rolls and that's just roulette. I've seen all 7 players dealt black jack in the same hand, I've dealt at a craps table and not seen a 7 rolled for 2 hours.....
So you were the one rigging the games!

Forget all this romantic stuff. Love Vinny and everything he did for us. Give him a huge welcome and sing his name loud and proud.
Then once that whistle goes lets batter these cunts. Never ever forget these were part of the hateful 8

Burnley... the hateful eight fingers.

Glad to get a home tie against lower level opposition
We can now rest easy knowing we are going to get to the semi finals, play our reserves and get knocked out again!

Can you explain how flipping a coin is not random? Do you mean the physical act of doing it rather than the concept?
Yes, the physical act is not ‘random’.

The concept (like most specific concepts of randomness) could be considered ‘random’, even if it is exceedingly difficult to actual create such a random system.

If anyone is interested in a deep dive (I am sure @dronefromsector7G and @Gray would love to read about this subject), this is a great primer on the problem with randomness (and how we perceive it, very often inaccurately).

To be clear, if you wanted to create a selection system that was easily influenced, but still maintained the appearance of randomness, you wouldn’t be far off with a process that involves people affiliated with an organisation pulling balls out of a bowl on television.

Last edited:
Yes, the physical act is not ‘random’.

The concept (like most specific concepts of randomness) could be considered ‘random’, even if it is exceedingly difficult to actual create such a random system.

If anyone is interested in a deep dive (I am sure @dronefromsector7G and @Gray would love to read about this subject), this is a great primer on the problem with randomness (and how we perceive it, very often inaccurately).

All this stuff is way over my head but I do know if you are tossing a coin in the air and catching it, it’s slightly more likely to end up the same way that was facing up originally. Or if the tosser does the thing where they flip it over on to the back of their other hand, then the opposite of the way it was originally facing up is the very slightly better bet to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.