FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw | Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not be too cocksure. Burnley could do us. Vin's got them playing some nice football. We of all people know what academy he was at to learn that way of playing.
It's highly unlikely, granted. Us playing at the Etihad gives us a strong edge. And the signs are that we're coming into our end-of-season forms But let's just remember Wigan – twice!
I wasn't assuming we would win, just have the belief Vinny would rather have drawn a lesser light

Great draw for us with Vinny coming home but it's a pretty boring draw overall.

If United were away to Fulham and Grimsby were at home to Brighton at least it would've been a bit more interesting. I'm not completely discounting Fulham or Burnley causing an upset though.

Thousands of unsold tickets at Leicester and Southampton this week and they're scheduling a game on Friday. So bad for whoever gets the short straw.

They are a good champion ship side we are CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND for a reason just getting our shit together now as well, as good as Vinny has made them we will have to much can see us putting 4 or 5 past them at least
Will be a tight game mate. This isn't Sean Dyche's team of up and over plodders anymore. Kompany has instilled playing out from the back with neat and tidy passing. They work hard to keep possession. Similar to how we play.

In a cup final at Wembley I’d back us over the Salford scum any day.

We generally don’t lose at Wembley.

As others have said, our record at Wembley, particularly in the FA Cup isn't great. We've consistently lost semi finals there in recent years, and lost to Wigan in the Cup as well. I'd love us to win the FA Cup again, Pep's only won it once and we've only won it twice since the takeover. Hopefully Fulham do for the rags and we don't have to worry about them. West Ham should have beaten them last night.

Either way we have to beat Burnley first and go from there. But good to still be in it.

Great draw for us with Vinny coming home but it's a pretty boring draw overall.

If United were away to Fulham and Grimsby were at home to Brighton at least it would've been a bit more interesting. I'm not completely discounting Fulham or Burnley causing an upset though.
Wish we were playing Fleetwood instead, can't stand Burnley

The last-eight ties will be played from 17 to 19 March.
Looks as if one tie will be on the Friday night. With us playing in the CL on Tuesday 14th we could get the short straw as the rags will be Sunday for certain.
Where’s that mate? FA website says all games to be played over the weekend of Saturday 18th March, subject to TV schedules, which reads like Friday is a non starter.

Will be a tight game mate. This isn't Sean Dyche's team of up and over plodders anymore. Kompany has instilled playing out from the back with neat and tidy passing. They work hard to keep possession. Similar to how we play.
Vinny is doing a great job, but they will be playing us at our own game and we are better at that game than anyone,and usually are comfortable. It's deep block breaking teams that we struggle with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.