FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw | Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that, and agree it can get a bit much (even from me at times), but the reason it persists is because the FA chooses to use a non-random, fairly easily influenced process for selection for no real reason.

Even if they wanted to use a ball selection process, they should be using the ‘no human contact’ lottery standard, but they don’t.

I personally raise these concerns as a professional in the field of data science because there really is no reason for them other than to possibly allow influencing outcomes (under the guise of presumably increasing viewership by using famous people to “liven up” the process).

It’s not a random draw—not even remotely close to it—and the design makes undue influence actually fairly easy, and so criticism of it is fairly reasonable.

I can guarantee you one thing without been a mathematician. The day they do the draw without human interaction, will be the same day that the number of people convinced it’s all fixed will increase fifty fold. Which is probably why they still use the much easier fixable option.

I can guarantee you one thing without been a mathematician. The day they do the draw without human interaction, will be the same day that the number of people convinced it’s all fixed will increase fifty fold. Which is probably why they still use the much easier fixable option.
Personally I would be fine keeping the present method but going out and grabbing two random people off the street to do it, preferably somebody who didn't even like football.

Keep up the good work, Maths was the only subject I ever excelled at when at school.

I achieved a 97% mark in my GCE 'O Level' and was pissed off that I did not get the 100%.
Similar to my experience. But because I have OCD—and was especially less socially “reasonable” back then—I actually made an appeal and was told my only recourse would be to resit if I wanted. So I did, and got a slightly lower mark.

At that point my advisor told me I was being an idiot and to just take the high marks and be done with it.

I will admit, though, I was very tempted to take it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.