FA Cup R5 Draw | Peterborough (A)

I was convince it was paul power who scored. I’m not surprised though it’s hard remembering what I had for breakfast this morning.
It was definitely Tommy 'the nod' Booth who scored, but with a fine turn and swivel before cracking it past their keeper, the away end went mental (nowhere near as bad as when Paul Power equalized at Everton though, now that was fking mental!!)!
I was there (unlike York away!) as we went to every game in that years cup run!
We had a few scoops in a local pub after the game and actually met, Bobby Mac, Gerry Gow & Tommy Hutch walking down the road and they stopped to ask us where the nearest pub was and we told them about the one we just left and they said that would be great and walked towards it, we shouted to them that they will get mobbed but probably wont pay for a drink and they all smiled and Gerry Gow said "that'll do for me!" ....
I often wonder what happened to them in there :-) :-) :-)
Great days and bloody brilliant away days then!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Resident in Peterborough for 35 years+. Thought I would post some info.

Obviously tickets will be extremely hard to come by, but for those who are attending:

Pubs:

Avoid the Peacock right opposite the ground
Charters, on the river, just up from the ground is decent
The Draper’s Arms (A Spoon’s but a very decent one) is just opposite
The station
Again just opposite the station, the Brewery Tap is also decent

Food:

The usual in town a short walk from the ground, Five Guys, Nando’s, Wagamamma’s etc
I can highly recommend the Tap and Tandoor in the town centre for those that like
Tandoor indian food. Mixed grill for 4 £22.95! You will need to book quickly though as
Posh fans fill it on match days.

Car parking:

Multi storey’s plentiful around the town centre along with a number of open air options also.
All parking is a reasonable walk to the ground
Was drinking in Drapers just last Sunday,as you say 'very close to train station.' Pint of Ruddles .99p happy days.

Its a right Sithole Peterborough
Only experience I have of Peterborough was from a few years back when a did a bit of consulting for a chain of funeral directors, a bit strange but fascinating bit of work! Agree Peterborough itself not all that, but has some nice funeral homes with lovely people working there :-)

Perkins make good diesel engines or did in Peterborough. Cleared up in the middle east as their only competitor for larger diesel engines was Ford who were from a country they did not want to trade with.

All I know about Peterborough is it’s quite close to RAF Wittering where the Harriers were based. Other than that it’s just a random town you pass on the A1 on the way to somewhere else.

Perkins make good diesel engines or did in Peterborough. Cleared up in the middle east as their only competitor for larger diesel engines was Ford who were from a country they did not want to trade with.
Cummins make excellent large/medium diesel engines.
I sold plenty of trucks that were powered by Cummins engines when I was a truck salesman 1979-2001.

I used to work for a company who supplied all their industrial hardware, very lucrative business and busy constantly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.