FA Cup R5 Draw | Peterborough (A)

I wouldn’t read too much into QPR getting a bigger ticket allocation than the obligatory 15%. The attendance was only 10,000 even with the extra away fans.
Demand in Peterborough will be way higher when City are in town. It would be a PR own goal for them to give us a lot more tickets than we’re entitled to under the competition rules.

Remember getting off the special that day to be met by what seemed like a hundred or so very pissed up Rangers fans offering us a wee swig of their whisky . While another lot were busy launching a skinhead through a chippy window . Managed to get myself nicked after the match while passing the away end on the way back to the station . Spent the night in a cell with a Chelsea lad and a utd fan from Prestwich who had gone with his city mates . apparently Chelsea had travelled over for a bit of agro believe it or not ! I was eventually released in the early hours and managed to hitch back home with the utd lad would reckoned City were mad ! After 5 return visits to court i was finally aquitted !
That's interesting I was in a pub quite early near the ground just a car load of us and things started to come across the pub at us, seemed to have cockney accents not sure if that's the local accent, and seemed like we could be in a spot of bother but a few coach loads of city fans soon arrived and they unsurprisingly moved on. They were definitely looking for trouble but think they soon realised they would be on the wrong end of it as far as I could see.

All these 'small timers' who have never been to Posh. Where were you when we played a Youth Cup match a few years ago?? We won 2 nil.

It's a pretty good beer town, Peterborough. My favourite is the Palmerston, near the ground, but ale lovers should also look at least at Charters (dodgy name but a big old dutch barge with a dozen or so pumps as you cross Town Bridge) and Brewery Tap over the busy road opp station if you like Oakham beers. There are a few others worth a look and Drapers is a decent spoons if you are early enough for breakfast and a pint!

Hi all,

Resident in Peterborough for 35 years+. Thought I would post some info.

Obviously tickets will be extremely hard to come by, but for those who are attending:

Pubs:

Avoid the Peacock right opposite the ground
Charters, on the river, just up from the ground is decent
The Draper’s Arms (A Spoon’s but a very decent one) is just opposite
The station
Again just opposite the station, the Brewery Tap is also decent

Food:

The usual in town a short walk from the ground, Five Guys, Nando’s, Wagamamma’s etc
I can highly recommend the Tap and Tandoor in the town centre for those that like
Tandoor indian food. Mixed grill for 4 £22.95! You will need to book quickly though as
Posh fans fill it on match days.

Car parking:

Multi storey’s plentiful around the town centre along with a number of open air options also.
All parking is a reasonable walk to the ground

We'll be after you local Blues for pub recommendations then.
Interested to know do they draw in much support from the wider rural areas or is that taken up by Leicester, Norwich, forest et Al?
Not sure about pubs as I don’t get to Peterborough that often especially now the dog track has closed down. As for support , most around us support Celtic, Rangers , scum and Liverpool .Corby use to have a very large Scottish % of its population as they all moved down here when the town had a steel works.

Interesting one for me as I have relatives that live there. Indeed my cousin's husband has messaged me and is buzzing about the draw, he is a season ticket holder there. He said he can't wait to see our world class players at their place and hopes we go easy on them. He was hoping they got the rags as he said he hates them and wanted to beat them lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.