FA Cup set for several changes

New Rule 10: Ban City from the competition

Bet they wish they could

Unless I'm missing something, how would the FA Cup final being on the penultimate PL weekend work?
For City this season, that would have meant postponement of the Chelsea game. But we already had a game against Brighton in mid week. So when would we play Chelsea?
The rags would have been similarly impacted.
I'm not sure how this helps sell the game.

It's a shame how the FA cup has gone. Back in the day it was huge, maybe even bigger than the league at times, exciting to see the draws, see top teams get beat, dodgy away days and intimidation. It really took a huge nosedive in the early 2000s.

Back in the day I’d be glued to the radio for the next round draw on the Monday lunch time.

Back in the day I’d be glued to the radio for the next round draw on the Monday lunch time.
Bert Millichip with two other dinosaurs picking the balls out very formally with no "ooooooh that's a tough one" and laughs during proceedings.
Now it winds me up when they have a woman picking them out and the presenter says she won the FA Cup in (names the year and team). No she fucking didn't. She won the woman's FA Cup. Not this FA Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.