FA Cup set for several changes

Used to be, but not since they decided to do semi finals at Wembley. Took the drama and excitement away from semis (snigger)
lol. It's definitely cheapened it. 3rd Round Fa Cup Saturday and Sunday are still the best non-city footballing days of the year. Why fuck with 138972389 years of history - it's not in the name of progress thats for sure.

The FA Cup is all about tradition. They’ve already fucked about with it far too much and these changes would just marginalise it. Needs to go back to its heyday of the 1970s and bring back the 3pm Saturday final every year, get rid of Wembley semis, keep replays up to R4 and somehow bring back the kudos of it being the oldest and best cup competition in the world. The rot started in 2000 when United pulled out due to the club World Cup.

The fixture schedule is going to be fucked with the expanded CL, that's why this is happening. I don't see the League Cup surviving much longer in It's current format. I'd give it 5 years tops, because It's not a big money earner for the top clubs, who would rather play European games, in an even more expanded CL, down the line.
the rags will be furious if the league cup goes, it's all they've got left

The FA Cup is all about tradition. They’ve already fucked about with it far too much and these changes would just marginalise it. Needs to go back to its heyday of the 1970s and bring back the 3pm Saturday final every year, get rid of Wembley semis, keep replays up to R4 and somehow bring back the kudos of it being the oldest and best cup competition in the world. The rot started in 2000 when United pulled out due to the club World Cup.
You’ve summed it up perfectly for me,moving the semifinals to Wembley has completely tarnished it ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.