FA Cup set for several changes

There’s 2 points in particular that make no sense and will 100% ruin the fa cup

- moving games to midweek. One of the best bits about the 3rd round is going to see city play at 3pm on the weekend. We get huge crowds and it’s full of families. Moving it to midweek will actually lower the crowd numbers for most teams

- scrapping replays. It makes sense if your a big club, but for most lower league teams replays are vital and lots of clubs love having the chance of playing a big side at home.

they are clearly trying to get this through before an independent regulator comes in. How can people in the fa be so blindsided by money… what they are proposing will help to kill off the competition

There's no reason why it can't remain the best cup competition in the world. It's the old FA men in blazers who have presided over its decline. They have been stitching up us fans for years. Much as I hate the twats leading the PL the FA Cup might prosper if it wasn't a rival but was run by the PL.
I am relaxed about scrapping replays. I think penalty shoot-outs might be better with more jeopardy for the bigger clubs but there has to be a way to ensure the smaller clubs get a fair slice of the cash cake. The PL would probably do a better job of marketing the FA Cup globally than the idiots at the FA. Kick-off times are a different debate. Perhaps the answer is to slash ticket prices for matches on Sunday nights etc with broadcast money ringfenced to help fans. Perhaps even transport subsidies for away fans. Something has to give.
The sole reason they're being scrapped is there's no feckin room for them come the extended CL.
It will take away potentially very lucrative replays from smaller clubs in rounds 3/4 and possibly 5.
Dreadful move for me

The fixture schedule is going to be fucked with the expanded CL, that's why this is happening. I don't see the League Cup surviving much longer in It's current format. I'd give it 5 years tops, because It's not a big money earner for the top clubs, who would rather play European games, in an even more expanded CL, down the line.
Spot on - my suspicion is that the Football League will, in the long term, turn it back into the Football League Cup with no European spot.
Possible invites to the "bigger" clubs in the National League.

That last bit made me laugh - to all intents and purposes a "put up and shut payment" (thought carefully about the wording of that, didn't want to use a word starting with B in case it was libellous)Screenshot_20230706_163417_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
There’s 2 points in particular that make no sense and will 100% ruin the fa cup

- moving games to midweek. One of the best bits about the 3rd round is going to see city play at 3pm on the weekend. We get huge crowds and it’s full of families. Moving it to midweek will actually lower the crowd numbers for most teams

- scrapping replays. It makes sense if your a big club, but for most lower league teams replays are vital and lots of clubs love having the chance of playing a big side at home.

they are clearly trying to get this through before an independent regulator comes in. How can people in the fa be so blindsided by money… what they are proposing will help to kill off the competition
Because the incompetent cunts built Wembley and are in debt for £ Millions £.

Fleecing fans is their forte and now they're selling the FA cup.

Wankers with a fucking huge W

One change i would like to see would be a rule where if two teams from different divisions are drawn to play each other then the match must take place at the home of the lower division club.

The idea of playing the cup final on the penultimate PL game week is just plain fucking dumb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.