FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Probably but we’ve made a collective decision, pub it is.
Same here, everyone I know has something on that weekend so they can't afford a full day away, or they are skint and want to save money for the next round of CL or hopefully the FA Cup final. I'm not going on my own so that makes four of us on the cup scheme not going. We'd all have gone to Old Trafford if it was there, I just hope the club do manage to sell out but anyone who wants a ticket will get one I reckon.

Should be fun watching this thread over the next 2 weeks. The FA have shafted us big time! I personally think we will be lucky to shift 20k or maybe 25k tops. Wembley trips started off with about 15 of us 10 years ago and it’s slowly started to dwindle, we’re lucky to get 5 of us and this particular game it is just me, so I’ve decided to take my 7 year old son. I don’t blame anyone for not going to this due to the circumstances but the media and opposing fans will obviously portray us in bad light when they should be focusing on the real cause, which is giving the FA as much grief as possible and trying to make a stance .

Same here, everyone I know has something on that weekend so they can't afford a full day away, or they are skint and want to save money for the next round of CL or hopefully the FA Cup final. I'm not going on my own so that makes four of us on the cup scheme not going. We'd all have gone to Old Trafford if it was there, I just hope the club do manage to sell out but anyone who wants a ticket will get one I reckon.
We all hope to get to the next round of the Champions league and the Fa cup final, but we have the small matter of beating other teams first to do that.
The club needs our support to help them with that task, we can't take things for granted. Get your arses down there, you know it makes sense.

Have the MUEN/Echo run a piece yet about the fact that weve not sold all our tickets and should give them to footballs finest ?

We all hope to get to the next round of the Champions league and the Fa cup final, but we have the small matter of beating other teams first to do that.
The club needs our support to help them with that task, we can't take things for granted. Get your arses down there, you know it makes sense.
Fact is that if any of the London clubs - even the biggest supported ones - had to traipse up to Old Trafford for a semi-final every time they got there, there would soon be a drop off in numbers attending if they were getting to as many semis as we have over the past decade. We saw evidence of this when the FA had to move the Community Shield to Villa Park in 2012 due to the Olympics and Chelsea couldn't sell out the 15,000 or so tickets they were allocated whereas we sold out easily.

It's only the fact that Liverpool and United have so many fans in reserve to take up the slack that they're perhaps the only non-London clubs who would sell out a semi-final if they got there on a regular basis. Having said that, even United didn't sell their full allocation for their semi against Everton in 2016. As for Liverpool, well I still recall United fans royally taking the piss out of their shite turnout at the 1990 Charity Shield when they played each other.

Anyone been in Level 2 for a semifinal. As I’m already being fleeced by having to go to Wembley I’m considering paying the extra if there’s any benefit other than the view. What are the bars/food like, any better?

Ain't happening for us I'm afraid. My point was the stupid timing of the game when people have booked getaways and not moving it more local to mitigate it. I just feel the FA and the clubs have their heads in the sand at the moment regarding what people can afford. When the energy prices hit and then the mortgage rates start creeping up, they could be in for a shock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.