FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

just got 2 tickets, row 9 114 £45 each not too bad!

also been looking at the trains and it is doable.

Picc to Chesterfield on east midlands train then chesterfield into St Pancras for 12:08

way back is a bit more messing around but doable.

St Pancras 19:35 to Leicester , Leicester to Nuneaton, Nuneaton to Picc for 22:50

worse case and miss the train back there is still a megaBus back to Manc at 22:30 which gets there just after 02:30am

just got 2 tickets, row 9 114 £45 each not too bad!

also been looking at the trains and it is doable.

Picc to Chesterfield on east midlands train then chesterfield into St Pancras for 12:08

way back is a bit more messing around but doable.

St Pancras 19:35 to Leicester , Leicester to Nuneaton, Nuneaton to Picc for 22:50

worse case and miss the train back there is still a megaBus back to Manc at 22:30 which gets there just after 02:30am

If there was any doubt that the FA doesn't give a shit about the fans, your post underlines that it well and truly doesn't give a shit. To have to go to so much trouble to get from Manchester to London in one day for a football match is ridiculous.

Surely driving is the best and cheapest way? I know then if you’re not staying over you can’t drink but train tickets and train times are ridiculous!

There are usually plenty of coaches being advertised on this forum, in the "Tickets" section of the forum. Keep an eye on that and find one leaving from close to where you live.
Not sure that will be the case

There a few reasons.

1) Two North West teams
2) City and the FA subsidising coaches and hiring all the usual firms
3) The coach firms have increased prices due to point 2 and fuel etc. The firm I use has added 25% on the usual cost.
4) As subsidised or rather club coaches are what people call 'dry', places on other have been snapped up very quickly

There is one advert on the ticket and exchange forum. Worth a look

People need to chill out about ticket sales for these games. We’ve got a Champions League quarter final double header and an FA Cup Semi final with severe travel disruption all within the space of ten days. Absolutely people, myself included are having to pick and choose which games they go to. Both games will be largely full if not sold out which for a predominantly working class fanbase is a good effort. Who gives a shit what a few virgins on Twitter who’ve never seen the inside of a stadium think.

Yeah hard to work out what the score is really. I took this from the City ticket site, and it is similar to the blocks we didn’t sell in 2019.

View attachment 39416
I stand corrected. Block 107 is now showing for sale. Seriously, I could've sworn it was available on the first day of sale. Obviously I was mistaken! It does seem a weird block not to put on sale in the first place with it being sandwiched by all the other blocks either side that are available.

As a Cityzen I become eligible to buy at 9am. Does anyone know if I’ll be limited to one ticket? I imagine I am, which is fair enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.