FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

For me it's about it being Easter and family commitments so to get round it having to make a weekend of it and take the boss to a show in the west end on the Friday night and take her to the match on Saturday all in all just one arm an a leg I reckon

25k is the following of a modest championship side not one that has had incredible investment for the last decade, has the best manager in the world, a squad the envy of europe and on the verge of a success in 3 competitions, accepted wembley is awkward, and we have been numerous times, but it's a poor effort if that is all we can muster.
I mostly agree with you. I hate this apathy about going to Wembley just because we’ve been there a lot.

I’ve done this one for £30 - cheapest ticket and free bus. That’s me travelling to London to watch City in a semifinal for half the price than me travelling across the city next week to watch us in a quarter final against Atlético.

I’ve only ever gone by coach or minibus to London. I don’t understand people moaning about going on a coach. It’s a short journey of about 4 hours to London, it’s not like we’re travelling across Russia or Canada to get to some far flung city thousands of miles away.

The only thing I do give some fans leeway with is that I don’t think semifinals should be at Wembley. I know lads who didn’t go in 2011 to the United semifinal and saved it for the final because they didn’t agree with it being at Wembley. It does take the edge off the final feeling like the special day, but I do think we should be there supporting the team against our one of our two most bitter rivals and some don’t even bother with the final neither so the semi thing is just a convenient excuse for some.

a working class fanbase in the main who are struggling to afford increasing prices and expensive trips to Wembley
Even within my group of mates, most have fucked the semi off to go on the piss round Town to watch the game. They’ll be spending more money than me that day.

There’s always different excuses from our fans about Wembley these days, but the real main reason is that many of our fans never really do away games (I estimate it’s the same approx.15,000 fans every season that do aways) and many have got bored of going to Wembley as it’s no longer the novelty it was so can’t be arsed making the effort to go anymore.

For me it's about it being Easter and family commitments so to get round it having to make a weekend of it and take the boss to a show in the west end on the Friday night and take her to the match on Saturday all in all just one arm an a leg I reckon

Same but with two boys as well. Now just a bleeding torso.

It’s the same for every set of supporters there really is no point in moaning about it anymore, yes it’s shit but it’s here to stay , so like I’ve already said if you can’t be arsed or motivated to make the effort to get to a semi final against liverpool , then what is the actual point of supporting your club ??? That’s what we play for all season to get to finals and try to win things ?? I just don’t get this “ can’t be arsed attitude “ ….. why don’t people plan ahead , the harsh reality is football is an expensive hobby like others . Same excuses every year from some of our fans. Well I hope we get to the final and anyone who can’t be arsed to go to the semi final shouldn’t complain if they can’t get a ticket for the final .
I think every fan who gets a ticket for the semi should be first in the queue for the final, should we get there.

I mostly agree with you. I hate this apathy about going to Wembley just because we’ve been there a lot.

I’ve done this one for £30 - cheapest ticket and free bus. That’s me travelling to London to watch City in a semifinal for half the price than me travelling across the city next week to watch us in a quarter final against Atlético.

I’ve only ever gone by coach or minibus to London. I don’t understand people moaning about going on a coach. It’s a short journey of about 4 hours to London, it’s not like we’re travelling across Russia or Canada to get to some far flung city thousands of miles away.

The only thing I do give some fans leeway with is that I don’t think semifinals should be at Wembley. I know lads who didn’t go in 2011 to the United semifinal and saved it for the final because they didn’t agree with it being at Wembley. It does take the edge off the final feeling like the special day, but I do think we should be there supporting the team against our one of our two most bitter rivals and some don’t even bother with the final neither so the semi thing is just a convenient excuse for some.
I think people can choose to not go for what ever reason ,but on this occasion using expense as an excuse is not valid .if you go to the Etihad to watch city, there carnt be any complaint about a £30 ticket and free transport.

Agree to a some extent but plenty of tickets under £50 and and free travel. Our new fans I don’t believe are working class Mancunians.

we don’t have as many ‘new’ fans as your suggesting. We still rely on our local fanbase in the main. The free travel is limited as well isn’t it?

at the minute I genuinely don’t have a spare £50. I’m using that to pay for my train travel to work.

I’m going to bet lots of Liverpool fans aren’t coming from Liverpool, probably London

Last edited:
Even within my group of mates, most have fucked the semi off to go on the piss round Town to watch the game. They’ll be spending more money than me that day.

There’s always different excuses from our fans about Wembley these days, but the real main reason is that many of our fans never really do away games (I estimate it’s the same approx.15,000 fans every season that do aways) and many have got bored of going to Wembley as it’s no longer the novelty it was so can’t be arsed making the effort to go anymore.

that’s another factor. My experiences of going to Wembley haven’t been great so far. Sat on a coach all day, get there a little bit before the game, watch the game and then an awful journey going back

The best one so far was the United semi final as it was the first one.

I've been to about 9 of the last 11 times we've been at Wembley, missing the semi against the Rags due a Wedding and I'm missing this semi as well.

Been to every Chariddy Shield game, even at Villa, and apart from Villa, Wembley wasn't full.

Why I am not going to this one? Two reasons. First reason...coach travel, I fucking hate it. Done 3 trips on the coaches from the blue car park and never again. 10 hours return travel on a coach to arrive 30 mins before kick off and meet back at the coach 30 mins after the end is not a trip out I ever want to do again, esp after spunking £8 a pint in Wembley. I won't drive as I like a drink on away games, it's part of the social aspect.

As soon as the Trains were out of the equation, so was I. I'll put the money saved towards a final ticket hopefully, if the trains are running.

Second reason? Bored of the FA effectively fleecing fans by making 2 NW teams travel down to London for a semi. I've never liked semi finals played at Wembley and every year I wish some clubs would develop the balls to tell the FA to get the semi's moved.

Hope that explains to the recent raft of posters who seem to think that unless you attend every Wembley appearance you somehow are less of a fan. I wonder if those posters are there on a cold Weds night supporting City in the early stages of the Champs League, or League Cup, as I am, being on all cup schemes.

The great news is that City fans at all points levels and Citizens members will be able to get to Wembley, so a whole new generation of fans, who do not often get the chance can see the Blues rip the Dippers apart (again).

Have a great day/weekend blues.
Train via Leeds worked out £15 cheaper than Avanti from Piccadilly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.