FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Prob get a bit of stick for this post and it seems I only comment when we get to wembley but it really boils my p**s the fact that some of our fan base plain and simply can’t be arsed to go to a semi final against liverpool of all teams ?? If you can’t motivate your self to travel 4 hours to watch us play against our main rivals for silverware then what is the actual point ?? Same excuses every year bout how it shouldn’t be at Wembley , the cost blah blah?? We’ve not been at Wembley for 3 years now ? Why don’t people plan ahead knowing that towards the end of season we most likely be in finals or semi finals??? This should be what you support your team for ?? Days like this at Wembley ?? We used to dream of getting to Wembley ?? I understand some people can’t afford but most of the people I’ve seen say there not going is because they can’t be arsed , they will be the same people moaning they can’t get a ticket to the final should we get there !!! People moaning bout the cost , but will most likely spend Easter weekend on the piss anyway!! Get to Wembley and support the lads , these days won’t last forever !!! Rant over . No don’t get a bit of stick for this but ‍♂️
Superb post! You've summed up exactly how I feel. Lads I've been going with for years just simply cant be arsed. Some obviously have a genuine excuse regarding lack of cash but the majority for some reason have this apathy and attitude that the world is against us all the time. Yes its a s**t decision by the FA once again but i know fans who are not going because of the FA. Well the only organisation you are affecting is our own club, support the club FFS and enjoy a weekend with fellow blues, is the business end of the season with us in the hunt for multiple trophies. Whats not to like.
Before people see their arse I understand fans who have picked Madrid over Wembley etc or have plans, or cant afford it but don't tell me there is not thousands who just cant be arsed. Most of these will be desperate for a final ticket. Novelty has simply worn off for some people. It was only 11 years ago before the United match that I never thought I'd see the place so I always treat a wembley trip as my first visit.

Last edited:
I've been to about 9 of the last 11 times we've been at Wembley, missing the semi against the Rags due a Wedding and I'm missing this semi as well.

Been to every Chariddy Shield game, even at Villa, and apart from Villa, Wembley wasn't full.

Why I am not going to this one? Two reasons. First reason...coach travel, I fucking hate it. Done 3 trips on the coaches from the blue car park and never again. 10 hours return travel on a coach to arrive 30 mins before kick off and meet back at the coach 30 mins after the end is not a trip out I ever want to do again, esp after spunking £8 a pint in Wembley. I won't drive as I like a drink on away games, it's part of the social aspect.

As soon as the Trains were out of the equation, so was I. I'll put the money saved towards a final ticket hopefully, if the trains are running.

Second reason? Bored of the FA effectively fleecing fans by making 2 NW teams travel down to London for a semi. I've never liked semi finals played at Wembley and every year I wish some clubs would develop the balls to tell the FA to get the semi's moved.

Hope that explains to the recent raft of posters who seem to think that unless you attend every Wembley appearance you somehow are less of a fan. I wonder if those posters are there on a cold Weds night supporting City in the early stages of the Champs League, or League Cup, as I am, being on all cup schemes.

The great news is that City fans at all points levels and Citizens members will be able to get to Wembley, so a whole new generation of fans, who do not often get the chance can see the Blues rip the Dippers apart (again).

Have a great day/weekend blues.

Last edited:
I’m glad it’s at Wembley. 15,000 of the 34,000 we’ll take there wouldn’t have been able to get a ticket had it been at Villa Park.
The irony had the Brighton game been played there....'thousands of City fans unable to get tickets for the Villa Park FA cup semi-final....' BUT this one should really be played at the swamp with Chelsea and Palace at The Emirates or Spurs and having been to every City Wembley game from 1986 on I would love to to experience an FA Cup semi-final at a league ground. Will never happen as Wembley needs paying for so the fans, carbon footprint, environment, rising cost of living, no trains etc., has no affect on the FA despite all their BS regarding supporters

Prob get a bit of stick for this post and it seems I only comment when we get to wembley but it really boils my p**s the fact that some of our fan base plain and simply can’t be arsed to go to a semi final against liverpool of all teams ?? If you can’t motivate your self to travel 4 hours to watch us play against our main rivals for silverware then what is the actual point ??
We aren't going to Wembley to win silverware,we are going there for the opportunity to go back again in a few weeks.
It completely devalues the occasion and is nothing more than an exercise in fleecing and taking advantage of supporters.

Superb post! You've summed up exactly how I feel. Lads I've been going with for years just simply cant be arsed. Some obviously have a genuine excuse regarding lack of cash but the majority for some reason have this apathy and attitude that the world is against us all the time. Yes its a s**t decision by the FA once again but i know fans who are not going because of the FA. Well the only organisation you are affecting is our own club, support the club FFS and enjoy a weekend with fellow blues, is the business end of the season with us in the hunt for multiple trophies. Whats not to like.
Before people see their arse I understand fans who have picked Madrid over Wembley etc or have plans, or cant afford it but don't tell me there is not thousands who just cant be arsed. Most of these will be desperate for a final ticket. Novelty has simply worn off for some people. It was only 11 years ago before the United match that I never thought I'd see the place so I always treat a wembley trip as my first visit.
Spot on mate , some people don’t like the truth , I’d walk to wembley if I had too.

We aren't going to Wembley to win silverware,we are going there for the opportunity to go back again in a few weeks.
It completely devalues the occasion and is nothing more than an exercise in fleecing and taking advantage of supporters.
It’s the same for every set of supporters there really is no point in moaning about it anymore, yes it’s shit but it’s here to stay , so like I’ve already said if you can’t be arsed or motivated to make the effort to get to a semi final against liverpool , then what is the actual point of supporting your club ??? That’s what we play for all season to get to finals and try to win things ?? I just don’t get this “ can’t be arsed attitude “ ….. why don’t people plan ahead , the harsh reality is football is an expensive hobby like others . Same excuses every year from some of our fans. Well I hope we get to the final and anyone who can’t be arsed to go to the semi final shouldn’t complain if they can’t get a ticket for the final .

The semi final Im going with my best mate who’s a scouser, opposite ends obviously.

the final ill hopefully take my dad if we get there. He single handly gave me the best day of my life, told me , there was no chance of tickets for the final in 2011 until the night before when there was two on the table from me getting back from school

Well i have purchased 2 tickets for me and my son, i must admit we are not regular match going fans mainly due to finances, but at £50 for the tickets and possible free travel (not confirmed yet?) I could not pass at the chance for our first chance to watch city at wembley, albeit a semi final which i agree should not really be staged there in my opinion, but for many fans like us it will still be a trip to remember!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.