FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Good post but no offence I am honestly tired of city fans excuses when these big games come around. It’s our club in the semi final at Wembley in the FA Cup, and against that lot, we are so lucky to be able to go to these games. It pisses me off when we don’t sell out generally but especially Wembley (not charity shield) i am 47 have had a season ticket at Maine rd, missed a few years but still went most home games then had season ticket every year at etihad. I go to a few away games a year but would never miss an important game at Wembley. Like I said it’s our club, one fucking full members cup final for me, we have to be there, our support gets called and that’s why I often feel compelled to go, more so at home to Wycombe on a weds night in the league cup. I am taking my 15 year old lad, on the train, because there are trains despite the bullshit. I’m taking him to Madrid on Wednesday too. The lucky sod I know. Only 3rd euro away. Im not loaded but city is my priority, the wife tells me that often enough! I should really be spending Easter with the wife and other kids but we are football fans, I can’t change. I don’t really like Wembley, I couldn’t get home after Chelsea in LC final, cost me a fortune to stay over last minute and book trains next day, lad missed school etc. I earn average money and no way would I call fans for not going, just like I said the excuses are a bit tiresome.
Jim Davidson - 3 European always out of hundreds, but such a part timer judges others. Pathetic.

Not picking a fight Ginger, but I doubt very much it isn't City fans who can't be arsed.

The vast majority of us old b@stards like myself who aren't going have done the miles over the years when City were sh*t, and since Sheikh Mansour bought City. And yes, I did go to York away. :-)

The World has changed. COVID, rising living costs, greed (the FA), treating fans like sh*t, City being successful, meaning games and travel expenses are coming thick and fast, etc. Couple them all together and it's taken a toll on City fans. And football fans in general.

Years ago you wouldn't think twice about not going to a cup semi-final, if you had an opportunity to go, but not anymore.

A couple of years ago I went part-time at work. My Mum past away, God bless her, and She left me her house. I didn't have a mortgage. My part-time wage then covered my outgoings, not anymore. I've applied to go back full-time where I work. I've been eating into my savings just to live, even though I've cut my outgoings to the bone.

Something has to give. I've made a choice. An FA Cup semi-final, or a FA Cup Final or a CL final? Possibly neither of them. I'll take my chances and wait for a final.
Certainly not looking for a fight myself JRB. Everyone has to decide where their priorities lie and a trip to Wembley should not be high on anyone's list compared to other commitments. I certainly wouldn't dig anyone out for not going because of financial reasons. From my own perspective I can't believe anyone would choose not to go to see City in an FA Cup semi final out of principle because it's being held at Wembley. Where it's traditionally been held for the last 15 years.

Certainly not looking for a fight myself JRB. Everyone has to decide where their priorities lie and a trip to Wembley should not be high on anyone's list compared to other commitments. I certainly wouldn't dig anyone out for not going because of financial reasons. From my own perspective I can't believe anyone would choose not to go to see City in an FA Cup semi final out of principle because it's being held at Wembley. Where it's traditionally been held for the last 15 years.

Really the semi finals should be shared around at different games across the country though.

From my own perspective I can't believe anyone would choose not to go to see City in an FA Cup semi final out of principle because it's being held at Wembley.
From my perspective
I cant believe how thousands are not on all cup schemes.
Its a big drain on my finances and i use 50 % of my holidays to attend.
I have had to take an holiday to go today.

It’s a strange phenomenon. NOBODY ever slagged City fans off for being shit when we were shit on the pitch, right up to 2008; in fact quite the opposite, we were known for being under achievers on the pitch, and brilliant loyal fans off it. So basically we are being slagged off for not having gazillions of glory hunting new fans like the rags and dippers.

Personally I can live with that, the people who were loyal when we were shit and who are still alive still by and large go, the fact we don’t have millions of glory hunting new fans is probably mostly due to the continued besmirching of our club’s good name by the media which maybe makes us unattractive to support as a club for new fans. Just look at the number of negative articles about City any time we have a big game, like this week, and just look at the number of cunts who make sly comments about City in their “punditry” roles, like scholes, Ferdinand etc. We are seen as the devil in the media as we were initially the biggest threat to the Sky 4, then to their beloved rags, now to their beloved dippers. Ignore the fucking cunts, we have the best team and the best owners in world football, if we are a bit short on JCL plastic tourists so fucking what.

It’s a strange phenomenon. NOBODY ever slagged City fans off for being shit when we were shit, right up to 2008; in fact quite the opposite, we were known for being under achievers on the pitch, and brilliant loyal fans off it. So basically we are being slagged off for not having gazillions of glory hunting fans like the rags and dippers.

Personally I can live with that, the people who were loyal when we were shit and who are still alive still by and large go, the fact we don’t have millions of glory hunting new fans is probably mostly due to the continued besmirching of our club’s good name by the media which maybe makes us unattractive to support for new fans. Just look at the number of negative articles about City any time we have a big game, and just look at the number of cunts who make sly comments about City in their “punditry” roles. We are seen as the devil in the media as we were initially the biggest threat to the Sky 4, then to their beloved rags, now to their beloved dippers. Ignore the fucking cunts, we have the best team and the best owners in world football, if we are a bit short on JCL plastic tourists so fucking what.

all correct, that's why the effort should be there to support the team, the over riding motivation should be to support the club inspite of the obstacles, i fully understand if you cannot afford it, but the can't be arsed of which there are loads is the biggets disappointment. When did we become such a soft fan base that people are choosing not to go because of the opposition, or because of location.

It’s a strange phenomenon. NOBODY ever slagged City fans off for being shit when we were shit on the pitch, right up to 2008; in fact quite the opposite, we were known for being under achievers on the pitch, and brilliant loyal fans off it. So basically we are being slagged off for not having gazillions of glory hunting new fans like the rags and dippers.

Personally I can live with that, the people who were loyal when we were shit and who are still alive still by and large go, the fact we don’t have millions of glory hunting new fans is probably mostly due to the continued besmirching of our club’s good name by the media which maybe makes us unattractive to support as a club for new fans. Just look at the number of negative articles about City any time we have a big game, like this week, and just look at the number of cunts who make sly comments about City in their “punditry” roles, like scholes, Ferdinand etc. We are seen as the devil in the media as we were initially the biggest threat to the Sky 4, then to their beloved rags, now to their beloved dippers. Ignore the fucking cunts, we have the best team and the best owners in world football, if we are a bit short on JCL plastic tourists so fucking what.
Great post. Yep I was talking about this the other day - remember when we were everyone’s ‘second team’ to support because we were the loveable under achievers with loyal long-suffering fans?
Now we’re more hated than Leeds and Millwall combined!

all correct, that's why the effort should be there to support the team, the over riding motivation should be to support the club inspite of the obstacles, i fully understand if you cannot afford it, but the can't be arsed of which there are loads is the biggets disappointment. When did we become such a soft fan base that people are choosing not to go because of the opposition, or because of location.
I aint going for a variety of reasons.
A big dissapointment me for me is champ league early group stage or league cup.v burton etc when thousands cant be "arsed"
They all want a final ticket though if we get there.

Really the semi finals should be shared around at different games across the country though.
I preferred the pre 2008 format where they tried to get the semi at a venue that didn't favour either teams fans. And the prize was a trip to Wembley. The world changes often not in a way we like. However I'll be as happy as a pig in shit when I'm on the train this time next Saturday with my mates and a few tinnies for the ride

From my perspective
I cant believe how thousands are not on all cup schemes.
Its a big drain on my finances and i use 50 % of my holidays to attend.
I have had to take an holiday to go today.
Think some believe just because they can afford to travel here, there and everywhere to watch city, that everyone can. I had to sacrifice the athletico game to go Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.