FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Apparently Chiltern Trains are putting on trains with longer carriages into Marylebone (usually stops at Wembley) if anyone planning on driving half way then train. However many won’t be stopping at Warwick Parkway or Bicester. I drove to the latter for Watford which worked well but sounds like it’s not a great idea this time.

Any chance they move this to the weekend after when public transport is running as normal? And change which PL games have been postponed?

No way they play this at any other stadium but Wembley.

Apparently Chiltern Trains are putting on trains with longer carriages into Marylebone (usually stops at Wembley) if anyone planning on driving half way then train. However many won’t be stopping at Warwick Parkway or Bicester. I drove to the latter for Watford which worked well but sounds like it’s not a great idea this time.
Chiltern run a few extras and everything stops at Wembley on match days.

There is usually an extra from Birmingham Moor St out and back for Club Wembley holders, it's always half empty!!!

The late ko time they insist on is the fucking killer for rail travel.

Play it at 3 and any remaining PL games play them around it!

Again, I'm sounding stupid - I've always gone to the semis and finals by train. How many official coaches will the club put on ? What are the chances of getting on a supporters club coach without being in a supporters club ? I assume it's zilch.

Chiltern run a few extras and everything stops at Wembley on match days.

There is usually an extra from Birmingham Moor St out and back for Club Wembley holders, it's always half empty!!!

The late ko time they insist on is the fucking killer for rail travel.

Play it at 3 and any remaining PL games play them around it!
Why would they play it at 3 ?
The TV company want to show the match to the biggest armchair audience they can get. That is why it is 5.30. They don't give a shit about fans attending the game. Never have never will

Again, I'm sounding stupid - I've always gone to the semis and finals by train. How many official coaches will the club put on ? What are the chances of getting on a supporters club coach without being in a supporters club ? I assume it's zilch.
Think they will run loads from the ground, I did it first year v the Rags. Fuckin hated it, not for me.

Why would they play it at 3 ?
The TV company want to show the match to the biggest armchair audience they can get. That is why it is 5.30. They don't give a shit about fans attending the game. Never have never will
I was offering a suggestion that might make things easier.

The FA say they are working on a solution, can't think what would work apart from not using the regular ko times.

They'll probably move the games back not forward though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.