FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Looks like a U turn for Chelsea fans, can't possibly miss our on 30 thousand ticket sales at Wembley!

Fuck Middlesbrough though.
Did the FA reimburse Boro for the non away fan sales?
They could have ended up getting a lot more money if Chelsea can't take there cut, and there were away fans sales to Chelsea fans who were on like our Superbia, 600 of them.

City get money form Chelsea tickets sold in the semi so why complain?

They could have ended up getting a lot more money if Chelsea can't take there cut, and there were away fans sales to Chelsea fans who were on like our Superbia, 600 of them.

I'm still half hoping they have a rethink on the venue for our game. I know, no chance but hoping for once common sense may prevail.

Absolutely no chance of it happening if only a few Chelsea fans could buy tickets for their game. £££

Another factor is the cost of fuel. Its probably just as expensive to drive than to get an over priced train ticket (if they were running).

Transport costs are nosing back in front of match ticket prices. Sadly, not because matches are a lot cheaper but travel costs are fuckin bonkers.

Footy is an expensive past time.

It wasn't a semi final, it wasn't Easter and trains were running.
An FA cup SF is arguably bigger than a League Cup final anyhow let alone when you factor in the added rivalry between the two clubs 6 yrs on.

How many people actually go down on trains anyhow ? 2 maybe 3 thousand tops. People will hire minivans or coaches or what have you. They’ll get there by hook or by crook.

Not complaining, i've no axe to grind with Chelsea. Just funny how a solution is found when the financial losses seem greater.

I think that’s the reason. It was Brighton, who with all respect to them, we were expected to beat and had only been to the final of the league cup 5 weeks or so earlier. This may be the only visit as the opposition is better and we didn’t get to the league cup final. It is a huge game for both teams. Demand will naturally be higher but the weekend chosen is ridiculous and like you say, Easter will stop some going. I think It will go to general sale (with purchase history) but may well sell out.
I think you're bang on with the summing up here, It's a bad weekend to travel to London for a lot of folks.

An FA cup SF is arguably bigger than a League Cup final anyhow let alone when you factor in the added rivalry between the two clubs 6 yrs on.

How many people actually go down on trains anyhow ? 2 maybe 3 thousand tops. People will hire minivans or coaches or what have you. They’ll get there by hook or by crook.
The point about no trains is that everyone is forced onto the M6. That includes Liverpool. Add to the Saturday Bank Holiday traffic.
I am not saying it won't sell out, a poster asked if it would likely go to open sale. I think it will go to Citizens.

We know the semis are contracted to Wembley with all the cooperate season ticket holders paying up to ten years in advance, but moving the semis comes up almost every year.

Zero chance of it moving for another 10 years. For the Charity Shield in 2019 most of the Liverpool fans were in their 20s from the south east with fake CANDY and CROWN PAINTS shirts on, so I am not sure what they are bothered about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.