FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

I was offering a suggestion that might make things easier.

The FA say they are working on a solution, can't think what would work apart from not using the regular ko times.

They'll probably move the games back not forward though!
I wasn't having a go at you, I was having a go at the greedy corrupt bastards that wear blazers.
Your suggestion of 3pm was far to sensible.

Problem is that train to Euston is two hours plus a short ride on the tube, coach will be four hours minimum and probably longer on the way back as you have to wait for everyone to het back on the coach, exit the coach park, stop for a piss etc. If game finishes at circa 7.30 then you will be lucky to back at the Etihad by 1.00am. Train will have you back by 11 assuming a departure time of 9 from Euston. I know it will suit some but free coaches isn't the point despite the gesture. FA have totally fucked up scheduling the dates for this weekend and Sky are cunts for scheduling the history derby for the Tuesday knowing that there was a good chance that the wall pushers would be in a semi the weekend before.
Yeah we get the train every time the two hour journey is a doddle and we normally stop over at Novotel right next to Wembley.

All this because they want the farce of having semi finals at wembley.
The greed of the fa and co holds no bounds. By having them there totally takes the gloss off the actual final aswell, but that doesn't bother them.
Even so they should still be able to run a train service from Manchester and Liverpool to London.

What are we doing lecturing other countries (Saudi, Russia, the UAE) when we can't get people from major conurbations to the capital.

Weekday trains are 2 hours plus weekend trains are 3 hours plus. Then there is the walk and queue for tube etc.
There is also a jolly good chance of a bust up at a service station with the coach alternative.

I wasn't having a go at you, I was having a go at the greedy corrupt bastards that wear blazers.
Your suggestion of 3pm was far to sensible.
There is the Saturday blackout so it is a no go. Only the final is exempt.

Chiltern run a few extras and everything stops at Wembley on match days.

There is usually an extra from Birmingham Moor St out and back for Club Wembley holders, it's always half empty!!!

The late ko time they insist on is the fucking killer for rail travel.

Play it at 3 and any remaining PL games play them around it!
1730 is a much better kick off time for fans regardless of travel method. Nobody wants to have to get up at the crack of dawn to rush down to London for a 1500 kick off.

The later kick off means you can make more of a day of it and partake in whatever gets you in a good mood in a more leisurely fashion

1730 is a much better kick off time for fans regardless of travel method. Nobody wants to have to get up at the crack of dawn to rush down to London for a 1500 kick off.

The later kick off means you can make more of a day of it and partake in whatever gets you in a good mood in a more leisurely fashion
By the same argument nobody wants to come home from London at 7.30pm or later if there is extra time and penalties. 3.00pm is absolutely fine as it always was, this is and has been for many years all about money and fuck all to do with fans. Maybe next season all league games will be scheduled for a 12.30 ko, no games are moved to the Sunday and the Saturday semi can be played at 3.00pm and the Sunday at 1.00pm. Even better go back to neutral grounds and fuck the hangers on getting their little freebies

Not for those wanting to use public transport it isn't, no way to get home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.