FA Cup - time to give guys a rest.

blue62

Surely it's time to make changes this weekend. After a couple of decent results, we need to keep the league run going. Also, the UEFA cup will soon come around, and it will get hectic. I think Robinho, SWP, Ireland, Kompany, Zabaletta should be rested this weekend and maybe others too. The guys have played 10 extra games in Europe this season, give them a rest, this competition is the least important IMO.

blue62 said:
Surely it's time to make changes this weekend. After a couple of decent results, we need to keep the league run going. Also, the UEFA cup will soon come around, and it will get hectic. I think Robinho, SWP, Ireland, Kompany, Zabaletta should be rested this weekend and maybe others too. The guys have played 10 extra games in Europe this season, give them a rest, this competition is the least important IMO.

Disagree. Probably our best chance of getting into Europe next season which is vital in attracting players.

Not sure the way the club is now that we can do that, I still maintain that the Brighton game cost us a great deal of momentum, and we can't afford that loss again, after a pretty good Christmas.

n_mcfc said:
blue62 said:

Disagree. Probably our best chance of getting into Europe next season which is vital in attracting players.

Understand Europe is important but we're already in it. Also, can't possibly agree that we are more likely to win the FA Cup than finish say, 7th in the league and get in the Intertoto or nick a spot in the UEFA - we're only about 6 points behind! Also, why can't we beat Forest resting 5/6 players? It's a squad game and the guys need a rest.

blue62 said:
And play who? we dont have the squad to do that.

I Disagree. 3 reasons.

1. Forest will bring 7,000 fans, also may have a new manager.
2. The FA Cup is (atm) the best chance of us getting into europe next year.
3. I am a season ticket holder, I can watch reserve games for free!

Fair enough you all disagree, that's what it's about. But look at the facts. The top managers all rest players in this competition. You have to make priorities. We have Nedum to play right back, Hamann, Gelson, Vassell, Sturridge to come in, and Garrido can do a job left midfield. We should still beat Forest. Or we can play all the guys and get injuries, bookings, more tiredness etc. I am not dreaming of us winning the FA Cup this season. We should have more realistic aims, and the league is no1!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.