FA Watch

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Montgomery Burns said:
not my fault, it looks to me that you've effectively started the ball rolling with your vision of things, hopefully that will encourage others to follow. If nobody else does I will nominate you for President.

Seconded ;o)

Tw@ nixon ;0) lol. You still think I'm Shirly at the weekends.... lol. My other half still ribbs me about that.

Chippy_boy said:
Monty - I wasn't suggesting you set it up. Merely that the decision as to what to do should be as much yours as anyone else's, given this campaign was your idea in the first place.

I am sure we can find someone to help kick this off once we've decided what to do. Heck, Ric is a website designer/developer by trade. I am sure he would offer some help or hints if we asked him nicely?

Thanks for your thoughts Chippy; whilst it's nice to be considered there's people better placed than myself to decide what to do based on practicalities, rather than sentiment. We'll sort something out, of that I'm sure, because it's clear there's a lot of enthusiasm out there for something like this - people have just had enough of the powers that be taking the mick.

This thread is an excellent start, we have lots of fans from other clubs who post and browse this forum and word will soon get out that we are not just reporting on City incidents.
However!! how many of us will be able to report on some of the things that our own players do this coming Sunday that was overlooked by the ref. That's where the problem lies.
It would take a huge university style project to amount the facts and figures needed to prove that the F.A. are corrupt and would entail hours of watching video footage to collect the data we need to prove that the F.A. and Refs are biased towards the top 4.
So this weekend we could do with one or two people from every club in the Premiership to watch there teams match and report back on here, all of the opposition incidents which go unnoticed or unpunished by the Ref. Also incidents of trial by the Media after the game and what the FA do about them.
Sounds complicated. but untill the day that sort of study is done, it's hard to prove what we all believe to be happening.
All the time there are stats produced for teams with most red and yellow cards in a season banns and fines, but if anyone can produce stats for unrecorded, unpunished incidents I'd love to see them.

I'll be watching for any City bias on Sunday and will be waiting to see if any reds post on here, to help us with our campaign. lol.

Adrian Durham still hasn't got back to me so I don't think I'm going to be needed on tonight's Bowtime.

Come to think of it nobody's got back to me yet; the good thing though is that none of the e-mails I sent to the FA and the various journalists etc appear to have bounced back.

Montgomery Burns said:
Adrian Durham still hasn't got back to me so I don't think I'm going to be needed on tonight's Bowtime.

Come to think of it nobody's got back to me yet; the good thing though is that none of the e-mails I sent to the FA and the various journalists etc appear to have bounced back.
Make sure you keep a copy of those emails for future reference!

I really think this could work, but for it to have real impact it has to be completely unconnected to any one club of forum, otherwise it makes us look bitter. The more people who support other clubs the better, it's not about City, it's about the system.

How about something on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.blogspot.com</a> or <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wordpress.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.wordpress.org</a> ?

Seems reasonably easy to set up, pre-formatted ect. I assume you can alter backgrounds/text colour ext. You can link to images or video. After each article you can also leave comments. All you would need is a generic e-mail address from hotmail/google ect and you're away.

A media/pr campaign would be needed to get the ball rolling but I'm sure between us we could spead the word. anyone registered on other forums could promote there.

Furthermore is this just the FA or Uefa too?

Possibly Uefa would be harder to contact and we cant find every incident in europe

So if its just the FA will that be Premier league - league 2, Carling cup, FA cup and Community shield?

Kirkstall Blue said:
This thread is an excellent start, we have lots of fans from other clubs who post and browse this forum and word will soon get out that we are not just reporting on City incidents.
However!! how many of us will be able to report on some of the things that our own players do this coming Sunday that was overlooked by the ref. That's where the problem lies.
It would take a huge university style project to amount the facts and figures needed to prove that the F.A. are corrupt and would entail hours of watching video footage to collect the data we need to prove that the F.A. and Refs are biased towards the top 4.
So this weekend we could do with one or two people from every club in the Premiership to watch there teams match and report back on here, all of the opposition incidents which go unnoticed or unpunished by the Ref. Also incidents of trial by the Media after the game and what the FA do about them.
Sounds complicated. but untill the day that sort of study is done, it's hard to prove what we all believe to be happening.
All the time there are stats produced for teams with most red and yellow cards in a season banns and fines, but if anyone can produce stats for unrecorded, unpunished incidents I'd love to see them.

I'll be watching for any City bias on Sunday and will be waiting to see if any reds post on here, to help us with our campaign. lol.
In truth I don't think that we'll have to prove anything, other than 'things don't quite look right'.

At the end of the day the FA are being given the opportunity to explain away what will be, if past experience is anything to go off, some pretty bizarre decisions (and perhaps more importantly, decisions that weren't made, either by the referee or by the FA's disciplinary panel after the event). Whether they choose to take up that opportunity is a matter for them; they may decide to straight bat this and either not respond or provide a meaningless PR-type response the like of which they're famous for.

But I think the Man On The Clapham Omnibus can certainly relate to some of the sentiments expressed on here and I don't believe for one moment that it's just City fans who perceive there to be a bias in favour of the Big 4 clubs. So in that sense the FA are very much on the defensive before we start, because people are open to the suggestion that things aren't right far more than at any time previously.

The key as has been identified is to get a media campaign going and we need a bit of luck for that to happen. A Royal Commission isn't going to be set up before the weekend; we'll need a bit longer for that!

But this one might be decided in the Court of Public Opinion, to borrow a phrase from a Government Minister whose name I can't instantly recall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.