FA Watch

kramer said:
Montgomery Burns said:
I've just e-mailed Ian Cheeseman as well.

What's the name of that guy who presents the show for Magic 1152?

Send it to jimmy.wagg@bbc.co.uk as well

manchestersports@bbc.co.uk

Thanks - Jimmy has been done.

And a special mention must go to Ian Cheeseman, who contacted me within 10 minutes of sending him a message. He's indicated it might be possible to do something on the 'Blue Tuesday' programme and possibly elsewhere.

Obviously it's wait and see but I'll keep him (and others) in touch with developments and who knows.

Pah. Got my reply from the FA. Bog standard rubbish.

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

Having reviewed the incident and spoken with Greater Manchester Police and the Match Official, The FA have contacted Robin van Persie to remind the player of his responsibilities as a professional with regards to his future conduct. No further action will be taken.

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your suggestions will form part of this feedback process.

Re: Pah. Got my reply from the FA. Bog standard rubbish.

patrick said:
Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

Having reviewed the incident and spoken with Greater Manchester Police and the Match Official, The FA have contacted Robin van Persie to remind the player of his responsibilities as a professional with regards to his future conduct. No further action will be taken.

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your suggestions will form part of this feedback process.

It provides further ammunition to those who believe the FA is either unwilling or unable to apply the rules of the game to all in a fair and even handed manner.

It will be interesting to see whether they address the specific points raised by myself this morning, namely:

One would normally expect a yellow card to have been issued by Mr Clattenberg in the circumstances so described, but whilst he booked Mr Adebayor for his goal celebrations he did not book Mr Van Persie. In the interests of wishing the laws of the game to be applied in an even handed and consistent manner I would ask why a yellow card was not issued to Mr Van Persie in this instance. Perhaps you can enlighten me on this.

More specifically:

(a) Did Mr Clattenberg see the incident?

(b) Did Mr Clattenberg make reference to this incident in his match report?

(c) If he saw the incident but did not deem it warranted a booking please explain why.

(d) If Mr Clattenberg did not see the incident, are you prepared to investigate the circumstances of the incident, using the video evidence available? If not, why not.

(e) Irrespective of the fact Manchester City fans did not riot do you think Mr Van Persie’s behaviour could have incited fans to an extent that at the very least a breach of the peace may have been committed? (end)

A failure of the FA to respond in a meaningful way would not be disastrous for us and our campaign; indeed from a PR perspective such a response might ultimately turn out to be a bit of an own goal.

Watch this space.

If they have written to him then they must think we did something wrong. Van Persie would be facing a charge if City fans had lobbed some objects at him.

I've also mailed Emily Brobyn who does the Blue Tuesday programme on Radio Manchester with Ian Cheeseman. Emily posts on here herself so will be up to speed with the issues discussed.

And does anyone know the surname of the Magic 1152 presenter who is the announcer at the ground? His first name is Spencer, I believe.

I couldnt resist....

FAwatch.jpg

Gents.

If I told you there's a fairly quick way of getting a substantial football industry political weight behind this thing, would you believe me?

This is how to do it.

Read this page-

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/

I started a thread last week, saying how they'd emailed me to tell me that joining as a full member had now become free. It's probably sat on about page 28 of BM by now, alone, unloved, and unreplied :(

But anyway. I joined up. For information, this is what the FSF say about themselves:

About Us

The Football Supporters’ Federation (FSF) is the national supporters’ organisation for all football fans comprising over 142,000 individual fans and members of local supporters’ organisations from every club in the professional structure and many from the pyramid.

Joining the FSF is your opportunity to make a difference. The Federation has regular meetings with the football authorities and the Department of Culture Media and Sport, discussing a wide range of issues, many of them placed on the agenda by the FSF to take forward our policies or in response to concerns raised by supporters.

We have more detailed meetings on specific topics with the relevant authorities or other bodies such as the Independent Football Commission and the Police Match Commanders. We also meet Government and the all-party football group of MPs when necessary.

The Federation regularly takes up specific complaints and cases which are raised with it by individual members or affiliated organisations and we encourage the participation of all supporters in this process.

This is right up there street. There are organisational members (ie non City fans) registered on this forum. If anyone can find them (they'll be in the list somewhere) a quick PM will send them a notification email and with a bit of luck they'll be reading this thread before you can say 'corruption in professional football is flipping rubbish'. If you're reading, chaps, please can you suggest how we proceed? If you've read the thread, perhaps you can see that what we have here is not a whinge about Adebayors fair enough punishment, but is a genuine complaint against the apparent willingness of the FA (and even UEFA) to massage discplinary procedures and punishments, relating to contraventions of the rules and laws of the game, on an ad hoc basis. It's not bloody fair.

I advise BMers, and any other visiting/ lurking football fans of any creed, to sign up. It costs you nothing. You don't need to send them anything other than your email address, but I understand they send you a free mag every now and then if you give them your address. If we start pursuing this at local meets, we'll be able to help get the FSF en masse to put this issue on their agenda. The FSF, as they say, represent the length and breadth of the football community, and no one will mistake them for a bunch of partisan City fans.

Any thoughts?

Montgomery Burns said:
I've also mailed Emily Brobyn who does the Blue Tuesday programme on Radio Manchester with Ian Cheeseman. Emily posts on here herself so will be up to speed with the issues discussed.

And does anyone know the surname of the Magic 1152 presenter who is the announcer at the ground? His first name is Spencer, I believe.

MB as always, well thought out and right behind you

Who on earth is this guy Spencer off Magic 1152? I did of course mean Hugh Ferris!

A copy of everything has also gone to Hugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.