FA Watch

Montgomery Burns said:
This will be a pain in the butt for many but it has been rightly pointed out that a national organisation such as ours should have a mission statement and for that matter a series of policy objectives. It is hard to argue with that when we might end up accusing the FA of not behaving in a transparent manner so I have cobbled a few words together.

Please let me know whether they seem OK, but more importantly, I am looking for people to come up with suggestions that improve this first draft, which is as follows:

Mission statement

FA Watch represents football fans of all English Premier League clubs who are worried that the Football Association (FA) as an organisation are either unable or unwilling to police the laws of the game in a fair and objective manner, in so much they appear biased towards particular clubs.

FA Watch is committed to highlighting specific examples of such perceived bias where clubs and players do not appear to have been treated by the FA in a fair and objective manner. This will be solely in relation to incidents of violent conduct and goal celebrations where referees and subsequently the FA’s own Regulatory Commission have dealt with incidents inconsistent with what would normally be expected. (end)

Your thoughts please.

Don't think we necessarily need the end of first paragraph, the FAs bias will become obvious over the course of time (without us appearing to be motivated by sour grapes). I feel it will be better for people to be able to form their own opinion of bias without us telling them in advance that this is what we are trying to do.

bluesteve1964 said:
Montgomery Burns said:
This will be a pain in the butt for many but it has been rightly pointed out that a national organisation such as ours should have a mission statement and for that matter a series of policy objectives. It is hard to argue with that when we might end up accusing the FA of not behaving in a transparent manner so I have cobbled a few words together.

Please let me know whether they seem OK, but more importantly, I am looking for people to come up with suggestions that improve this first draft, which is as follows:

Mission statement

FA Watch represents football fans of all English Premier League clubs who are worried that the Football Association (FA) as an organisation are either unable or unwilling to police the laws of the game in a fair and objective manner, in so much they appear biased towards particular clubs.

FA Watch is committed to highlighting specific examples of such perceived bias where clubs and players do not appear to have been treated by the FA in a fair and objective manner. This will be solely in relation to incidents of violent conduct and goal celebrations where referees and subsequently the FA’s own Regulatory Commission have dealt with incidents inconsistent with what would normally be expected. (end)

Your thoughts please.

Don't think we necessarily need the end of first paragraph, the FAs bias will become obvious over the course of time (without us appearing to be motivated by sour grapes). I feel it will be better for people to be able to form their own opinion of bias without us telling them in advance that this is what we are trying to do.

Good point Steve, thanks. We're now at:

FA Watch represents football fans of all English Premier League clubs who are worried that the Football Association (FA) as an organisation are either unable or unwilling to police the laws of the game in a fair, objective and consistent manner.

FA Watch is committed to highlighting specific examples of such perceived bias where clubs and players do not appear to have been treated by the FA in a fair and objective manner. This will be solely in relation to incidents of violent conduct and goal celebrations where referees and subsequently the FA’s own Regulatory Commission have dealt with incidents inconsistent with what would normally be expected.

Monty my contribution

The aim of FA Watch is to represent the concern's of fans of all nineteen EPL clubs, to ensure that the FA enforces the laws of the game in a fair and objective manner at all times. FA Watch will monitor, to the best of its abilities, all EPL games and report any concerns to the FA in a unbiased way, uninfluenced by individual allegiances

FA Watch is an open and transparent organisation, set up on the premise that there appears to be bias towards certain clubs when incidents, having been missed by the referee such as violent conduct or goal celebrations that breach guidelines, are subsequently dealt with by the FA's Regulatory Commission.

Our mission is Fair for All

Montgomery Burns said:
FA Watch represents football fans of all English Premier League clubs who are worried that the Football Association (FA) as an organisation are either unable or unwilling to police the laws of the game in a fair, objective and consistent manner.

FA Watch is committed to highlighting specific examples of such perceived bias where clubs and players do not appear to have been treated by the FA in a fair and objective manner. This will be generally in relation to disciplinary incidents, especially those concerning[1] violent conduct and goal celebrations, where referees and subsequently the FA’s own Regulatory Commission have dealt with incidents in a manner inconsistent with reasonable expectations[2].

FA watch enables to provide supporters, as a key stakeholder group, with the ability easily to monitor the FA's performance of its disciplinary function and to assist them in putting forward any observations they may have concerning the FA's conduct.[3]

Feel free to ignore any or all of the above - it's just the random musings of a tired bloke who'll be hitting the sack soon. Reasons for suggestions given below, the numbers equating to those in square brackets in the body of the text in the quoted paragraph immediately above:

1 - Lawyer's point, really, but that's what I am! Your original text binds yourself very specifically to certain incidents only. I suggest that you be slightly less definite just to give yourself extra "wiggle room". You never know when something else may come up that you might want to comemnt on or look at.

2 - In the original text, it read as though it would be the incidents themsleves that needed to be inconsistent, whereas in fact it's inconsistency in the way the FA deals with them that you're bothered by. My wording may not be the best way of saying it, but I think it would be better to phrase things so as to make that clear.

3 - I've suggested a new third para. I know that a mission statement needs to be short and punchy. However, it seems to me that the key aspects of what you're doing involve providing a service to interested fans which will let them: (a) see what's going on; and (b) help them to take it forward if they want to. I think that's worth making explicit in the mission statement.

This is meant to be constructive, not critical, and I hope the tone of this message doesn't suggest otherwise. Nor will it offend if you don't run with my suggestions (that's all they are, for you to take or leave). I do admire you for having the drive to take this forward, and like what you've produced so far. I wish you well!

kramer said:
Monty my contribution

The aim of FA Watch is to represent the concern's of fans of all nineteen EPL clubs, to ensure that the FA enforces the laws of the game in a fair and objective manner at all times. FA Watch will monitor, to the best of its abilities, all EPL games and report any concerns to the FA in a unbiased way, uninfluenced by individual allegiances

FA Watch is an open and transparent organisation, set up on the premise that there appears to be bias towards certain clubs when incidents, having been missed by the referee such as violent conduct or goal celebrations that breach guidelines, are subsequently dealt with by the FA's Regulatory Commission.

Our mission is Fair for All

That's good mate, I'll have a think about it if you don't mind.

Dyed Petya said:
Montgomery Burns said:

FA Watch is committed to highlighting specific examples of such perceived bias where clubs and players do not appear to have been treated by the FA in a fair and objective manner. This will be generally in relation to disciplinary incidents, especially those concerning[1] violent conduct and goal celebrations, where referees and subsequently the FA’s own Regulatory Commission have dealt with incidents in a manner inconsistent with reasonable expectations[2].

FA watch enables to provide supporters, as a key stakeholder group, with the ability easily to monitor the FA's performance of its disciplinary function and to assist them in putting forward any observations they may have concerning the FA's conduct.[3]

Feel free to ignore any or all of the above - it's just the random musings of a tired bloke who'll be hitting the sack soon. Reasons for suggestions given below, the numbers equating to those in square brackets in the body of the text in the quoted paragraph immediately above:

1 - Lawyer's point, really, but that's what I am! Your original text binds yourself very specifically to certain incidents only. I suggest that you be slightly less definite just to give yourself extra "wiggle room". You never know when something else may come up that you might want to comemnt on or look at.

2 - In the original text, it read as though it would be the incidents themsleves that needed to be inconsistent, whereas in fact it's inconsistency in the way the FA deals with them that you're bothered by. My wording may not be the best way of saying it, but I think it would be better to phrase things so as to make that clear.

3 - I've suggested a new third para. I know that a mission statement needs to be short and punchy. However, it seems to me that the key aspects of what you're doing involve providing a service to interested fans which will let them: (a) see what's going on; and (b) help them to take it forward if they want to. I think that's worth making explicit in the mission statement.

This is meant to be constructive, not critical, and I hope the tone of this message doesn't suggest otherwise. Nor will it offend if you don't run with my suggestions (that's all they are, for you to take or leave). I do admire you for having the drive to take this forward, and like what you've produced so far. I wish you well!
Agree with all of this, especially point 1 as I was going to say the same myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.