FA Watch

Haven't seen these posted before.

It's the time between the ball crossing the line and the ref's whistle for the restart on Sunday:

1-0 - 45 seconds (1.51-2.36)
1-1 - 35 seconds (15.53-16.28)
2-1 - 47 seconds (48.20-49.07)
2-2 - 49 seconds (51.37-52.26)
3-2 - 52 seconds (79.59-80.51)
3-3 - 55 seconds (89.54-90.49)
4-3 - 70 seconds (95.27-96.37)

Kirkstall Blue said:
I'm so excited!!!!!!! I've had a reply from an MP I wanted you all to know......................................................................

Here is his reply. Not sure if I should put his name on but he is a Labour MP

Many thanks for your email and for letting me know about FA Watch.

Let me congratulate you on your part in a most welcome initiative. I
agree with every word of the letters you have copied to me. You have
highlighted just a few of the more recent examples of bias towards the
so called "Big 4" in the actions (or inactions) of the FA. I will follow
the FA response with interest.

Perhaps your letters were written before last Sunday's disgraceful
events but I hope that FA Watch will also be taking up a connected issue
which some observers blame on the systematic intimidation of referees.
The award of unwarranted additional playing time seems to be to the
advantage of "Big 4" clubs only.

With best regards,

Who is it??????

SboroBlu said:
Kirkstall Blue said:
I'm so excited!!!!!!! I've had a reply from an MP I wanted you all to know......................................................................

Here is his reply. Not sure if I should put his name on but he is a Labour MP

Many thanks for your email and for letting me know about FA Watch.

Let me congratulate you on your part in a most welcome initiative. I
agree with every word of the letters you have copied to me. You have
highlighted just a few of the more recent examples of bias towards the
so called "Big 4" in the actions (or inactions) of the FA. I will follow
the FA response with interest.

Perhaps your letters were written before last Sunday's disgraceful
events but I hope that FA Watch will also be taking up a connected issue
which some observers blame on the systematic intimidation of referees.
The award of unwarranted additional playing time seems to be to the
advantage of "Big 4" clubs only.

With best regards,

Who is it??????

john prescott ;p

To Monty and everyone else.
I think FA watch is a great idea and wanted to contribute somehow. I thought that it possibly needed and identity. Could be on the website, letterheads etc etc. I'm an Art Director by trade and decided to have a stab at coming up with something. Any thoughts?

FAWatchBrandID.jpg

oh god , its like seeing children being let loose in a sweet shop....Please if you are ever going to make any impact, you need to get an educated target where it hurts and where avoidance is not an issue.
Your mission needs media help because without it NO ONE cares. You cannot complain about media bias because that is merely to recognise what the vast majority respond to ..ie uneducated people who read or are told what to think and believe it.
You need to think intelligently. And unfortunately City are well behind the curve on this as well as is witnessed by the emabarasing interviews by Hughes, the dreadful one by Adebayour in the Telegraph that was gleefully picked up on arseblog and with the Bowen radio 5 interview where he was politely shown to not undertand anything about the subject he was supposedly talking about. (but gracious insincere coments for being "avalaible" as opposed to Fergusson who will not talk to BBC. (figure out for ourself why).
What is is it that is important for the FA and over which they have weak influence...its England's bid for the World Cup in 2018.
Any bad publicity about FA not reacting over crowd violence missile throwing is a big negative. In front of FIFA the FA are small fry with little influence. Blatter has votes mainly from africa and concaf region. Ask the FA how they will punish the missile throwers and report the matter to FIFA.

I know I should just leave it and move on but being a bit OCD I decided to do some ‘forensic’ research Arse style. Don’t know if this can be included in FA watch but it adds some hard facts to the subject and raises a question that needs to be answered.

Laws of the game (law 7) source FIFA and FA websites
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf

Text States
Allowance is made in either period for all time lost through:
• substitutions
• assessment of injury to players
• removal of injured players from the field of play for treatment
• wasting time
• any other cause
The allowance for time lost is at the discretion of the referee.

FIFA referee training guidelines
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_7_the_duration_of_the_match_en_47401.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdevel ... _47401.pdf</a>

Text States
Many stoppages in the game are entirely natural (e.g throw-ins, goal kicks) An allowance is to be made only when these delays are excessive.

Nowhere can I find anything that says goal celebrations should be included contrary to what I have heard a number of journo’s state as fact today and yesterday. Nor can Bellamy’s celebration have been excessive because it was not significantly longer than the previous 5 celebrations in the derby match. Also surely goal celebrations are 'entirely natural' like throw ins and corners implying they should not be included in added time?

Sunderland v Hull 12th September referee Martin Atkinson
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8250284.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 250284.stm</a>

5 separate substitutions in the 2nd half (at 30 seconds each) plus injuries....... added time 4 minutes seems reasonable?
But there were also 3 goals so clearly Atkinson did not add these as that would be a minimum of 5 mins 30 seconds not including injuries/ other delays.

Conclusion...... The FIFA/FA laws do not indicate time should be added for goal celebrations and Atkinson does not normally add time for goal celebrations but did at Old Trafford. Now what would the reason for that be????????? Surely the FA must be asked to provide an explanation.

moonbeams said:
Hi Guys/Gals,

Here is the finished list of people who have volunteered their time to help, and the clubs that each will be responsible for in getting the FA Watch message out there. At this present time, we have almost 300 forums to contact, with further research to be done on this list.

Can I just thank each and everyone of you, you have been amazing and made my part of the task so much easier than I thought it would be.

Thanks again.

Arsenal - aquiesce
Aston Villa - Bumbleblue
Birmingham - Blue Yorkie
Blackburn - Dom
Bolton - Sboroblu
Burnley - mat
Chelsea - kippaxblue76
Everton - Kirkstall Blue
Fulham - mike channon´s windmill
Hull - ono
Liverpool - clevblue
Man City - Monty Burns' Daughter
Man utd - sam the drummer
Portsmouth - MrsB
Stoke - Sboroblu
Sunderland - coulsonblue
Tottenham - PistonBlue
West Ham - manchester blue
Woverhampton - trueblue09
Wigan - Lostockblue

I can't thank you enough - your response has been overwhelming.

URGENT REQUEST

Did my eyes deceive me after Bellamy hit the United fan - was he accosted by Ferdinand (unfriendly shake of the throat?).

Describe what you saw - I'm happy to send a letter off tonight on this one if needs be.

City Raider said:
fawatch.jpg

This would appear to encompass everything about the origin of FA Watch and might be a powerful image for our home page?

It's quite superb, in a Dr Evil sort of way.

It seems to be Ferguson doing his own version of 'FA Watch' - to be fair, he's been doing it for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.