FA Watch

Just got my first reply from the FA;

Dear Adam

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

A Regulatory Commission today considered the charge of Violent Conduct issued against Manchester City’s Emmanuel Adebayor under the fast-track disciplinary procedure following an incident with Robin van Persie during their fixture against Arsenal on the 12th September.

Taking into consideration Mr Adebayor’s acceptance of the charge of violent conduct the Regulatory Commission have ordered that he serve a three match suspension from all football, commencing Thursday 17th September.

A separate charge of Improper Conduct will be considered at a later date.

Kind regards,

The Football Association

Sent: 15 September 2009 15:07
To: Access England
Subject: Adebayor

The FA claim that the ref Mark Clattenburg missed the incident yet this picture shows conclusive proof he saw it- answers please?

<I posted them a picture of the ref looking at the incident here?>

So the FA decided to ignore my question and just post an automated response - helpful eh.....

SEE BELOW,i got the same email!!!!!!!!!

Dear Stephen

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

A Regulatory Commission last week considered the charge of Violent Conduct issued against Manchester City’s Emmanuel Adebayor under the fast-track disciplinary procedure following an incident with Robin van Persie during their fixture against Arsenal on the 12th September.

Taking into consideration Mr Adebayor’s acceptance of the charge of violent conduct the Regulatory Commission have ordered that he serve a three match suspension from all football, commencing Thursday 17th September.

A separate charge of Improper Conduct will be considered at a later date.

Kind regards,

The Football Association

Sent: 17 September 2009 12:32
To: Info
Subject: Your shout

Name: Stephen

Subject: Robin Van Persie

FANNumber

Email:

The FA has contacted Robin van Persie to remind the player of his responsibility as a professional with regard to his future conduct." What a joke!!!!!!! Why did Adebayor get charged for his celibration,but RVP didn't? He Swore at the city fans but they reacted differently than the Arsenal fans did?

This communication contains information which is confidential, which may be privileged, and which is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient please note that any distribution, disclosure, use or copying of any part of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us by return email or by telephone on 0844 980 8200 and delete this communication and any copies of it. The Football Association does not warrant that this email is free from error, viruses, malware or defects, or is compatible with your equipment or fit for any purpose and may monitor, intercept and block emails addressed to its users or take any other action in accordance with its email use policy.

Statements or opinions may be expressed in this communication that are personal to the sender and do not necessarily represent the views of The Football Association. Unless expressly stated otherwise, The Football Association is not bound by any contract or obligation purported to be created by this communication.

This communication has originated from the communications system of The FA Group.

The Football Association Limited is registered in England and Wales. Company registration number 77797, registered office Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London HA9 0WS <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com</a> Tel: 0844 980 8200

i got this reply also,which i then sent another for them to answer the question i asked

Dear Stephen

Many thanks for contacting The Football Association.

The FA strongly condemns any form of offensive chanting and works closely with clubs, police and football partners such as Kick it Out in tackling this problem. The FA remain committed to making the game family friendly and call upon clubs and match day police to monitor and deal with these incidents accordingly.

Offensive chanting has no place in football. The FA’s policy is to encourage all clubs to work towards ridding the game of the small minority of supporters who try to ruin the experience of watching a game for the vast majority.

With regards to the Manchester City v Arsenal game, we have asked The Greater Manchester Police and the clubs to identify those supporters involved in any violent and aggravating behaviour. The FA would like to see anyone found guilty of such behaviour face action through the legal system and banning orders from football.

Stewards are trained to deal with racist and other incidents and they and the Police do what they can to deal with foul and abusive language by spectators. Football matches do tend to provoke all sorts of comments or chants from the crowd; some of these may go beyond what is considered to be acceptable. Dealing with this on a match day is a difficult task, but it is a criminal offence to shout racist abuse at a football match.

With regards to Robin van Persie’s goal celebration, having reviewed the incident and spoken with Greater Manchester Police and the Match Official, The FA have contacted Robin van Persie to remind the player of his responsibilities as a professional with regards to his future conduct. No further action will be taken.[/color] WHY?

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your suggestions will form part of this feedback process.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,

The Football Association

Sent: 14 September 2009 18:43
To: Info
Subject: Your shout

Name: Stephen

Subject: Emmanuel Adebayor

FANNumber:

Email:

His celebration against Arsenal was punished by a yellow card i have contacted you before on issues like this I was told if the Ref dealt with it on the day,no further action can be taken,so i dont expect any action will be taken over this? Banana's were also thrown on to the pitch towards Emmanuel Adebayor Also,i dont condone the alleged stamp,but the ref was in a perfect position and decided that,first of all he was not fouled by Van Persie,and he did not commit a foul? Van Persie also stuck 2 fingers up and swore at the home crowd when he scored,but this has not been reported in the press or media,but has been reported to the police who are looking into the complaint You use video evidence when it suits you,to punish players ie Eduardo etc,but not for "goals" or no goal as the case my be Either use video or let the Ref make decisions,i cant see how you can pick and choose when to use video evidence,its all one way,a goal is never given by video or rarely is a player let off if, its on video that he did not foul someone etc

i await the next reply

Eds said:
Has anyone got a link to the free kick that led to their third and fourth goal. I was convinced at the time that neither were free kicks but nobody seems to have picked up on the fact. Also why the deafening silence from the likes of Mr Watmore whereas last week he couldn't keep his mouth shut.......

Their 3rd goal was not a free-kick shown clearly by the "throw-in" camera shot they were using at the time, it could not of been more obvious that Richards took the ball.

Add to that, Given would of got the 2nd if he had gone for it not left it.

Add to that, Tevez might of scored the 1st half chance.

Add to that, the last goal should not of stood.

We could of won the game 4-1 on another day.

Montgomery Burns said:
I've also mailed Emily Brobyn who does the Blue Tuesday programme on Radio Manchester with Ian Cheeseman. Emily posts on here herself so will be up to speed with the issues discussed.

And does anyone know the surname of the Magic 1152 presenter who is the announcer at the ground? His first name is Spencer, I believe.

Monty, you have my full support for this campaign and it's something I've become sick, tired and frustrated with recently so it will definitely be getting a mention on the show this evening.

emilymcfc said:
Montgomery Burns said:
I've also mailed Emily Brobyn who does the Blue Tuesday programme on Radio Manchester with Ian Cheeseman. Emily posts on here herself so will be up to speed with the issues discussed.

And does anyone know the surname of the Magic 1152 presenter who is the announcer at the ground? His first name is Spencer, I believe.

Monty, you have my full support for this campaign and it's something I've become sick, tired and frustrated with recently so it will definitely be getting a mention on the show this evening.

fantastic emily! thanks for joining in.

This campaign is gathering momentum and I don't think the media outlets realise what we as 'football fans' are capable of doing when it comes to fan pressure. The more we protest the more they will have to sit up and take notice. If certain teams want a European League then I say let them bugger off and never darken our doors again.

emilymcfc said:
Montgomery Burns said:

That's fantastic news, thanks Emily.

BlueSwede said:
Today i recived an answer from the FA regarding the incident involving Adde and Van Persie.
(you´ll have to excuse my English --> Swedish is my native language :)

My Mail to the FA
Dear Sir/Madam It´s a disgrace that Van Persie wont be charged for the incident (tackle) before being hit by Adebayor´s shoe. Regards XXXXXX XXXXXX Sweden

Their Response
Thank you for your e-mail. The Football Association receives frequent correspondence on individual refereeing decisions across all levels of football as well as on the performance of referees in general. Every supporter will have an opinion on the game’s major talking points and we’re always interested to hear them. It's a revealing fact that for every piece of correspondence we have from supporters complaining of a bias to a particular club we have the same amount claiming a bias against that club.

There are set procedures in place for when The FA can take retrospective action in relation to incidents that have not been seen by the Match Officials at the time, as was the case recently with Emmanuel Adebayor. We can only bring additional charges in exceptional cases, for example, when a referee indicates in his/her match report that an incident went unnoticed, The FA can then be requested to review the incident. In contrast, if an incident was witnessed by the referee at the time, The FA generally has no power to take retrospective action, due to FIFA directives.

Whilst 100% consistency is impossible when human judgment is introduced into a situation, referees get the overwhelming majority of decisions correct. In fact they are arguably the most consistent people in the game making split-second decisions that will be analysed repeatedly by slow motion cameras and panels of football experts. The FIFA Laws of the Game stipulate that we cannot re-referee matches by issuing or upgrading cards on incidents that the referee has witnessed.

Supporters often compare incidents with others and ask why the same actions are not taken. This is simply due to no two incidents being the same. The Football Association takes its disciplinary procedures very seriously and judges each case on its merits.

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your suggestions will form part of this feedback process.

Kind regards

The Football Association

Exactly the same response I got.

I'm so excited!!!!!!! I've had a reply from an MP I wanted you all to know......................................................................

Here is his reply. Not sure if I should put his name on but he is a Labour MP

Many thanks for your email and for letting me know about FA Watch.

Let me congratulate you on your part in a most welcome initiative. I
agree with every word of the letters you have copied to me. You have
highlighted just a few of the more recent examples of bias towards the
so called "Big 4" in the actions (or inactions) of the FA. I will follow
the FA response with interest.

Perhaps your letters were written before last Sunday's disgraceful
events but I hope that FA Watch will also be taking up a connected issue
which some observers blame on the systematic intimidation of referees.
The award of unwarranted additional playing time seems to be to the
advantage of "Big 4" clubs only.

With best regards,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.