FA Watch

Petetheblu said:
Montgomery Burns said:
Pete,

Don't say that!

The thing is we're committed to highlighting incidents of this type so whatever will be will be - this is a long game not a short one!

Monty

No problem Monty, I just don't want them to have a fully loaded gun when the time comes to pass verdict on our Ade.

I admire your honesty mate, credit it to you.

Thanks.

The thing is the FA will probably do what they were going to do anyway, irrespective of any adverse publicity. They always have before, and any protests have always faded away.

Well hopefully this one won't.

emilymcfc said:
Montgomery Burns said:
I've also mailed Emily Brobyn who does the Blue Tuesday programme on Radio Manchester with Ian Cheeseman. Emily posts on here herself so will be up to speed with the issues discussed.

And does anyone know the surname of the Magic 1152 presenter who is the announcer at the ground? His first name is Spencer, I believe.

Monty, you have my full support for this campaign and it's something I've become sick, tired and frustrated with recently so it will definitely be getting a mention on the show this evening.

Emily,

Thank you for this - it's gratifying to know someone in the media is prepared to speak out. I missed the programme unfortunately as I've only recently got in - is it available in iPlayer and if so can you say at what time on the clip the subject is brought up?

Many thanks.

Finally got a reply to the message I sent to the FA last Monday .It seems to be a bit different to other one's if seen so far:

Dear Ben

Thank you for your e-mail. The Football Association receives frequent correspondence on individual refereeing decisions across all levels of football as well as on the performance of referees in general. Every supporter will have an opinion on the game’s major talking points and we’re always interested to hear them. It's a revealing fact that for every piece of correspondence we have from supporters complaining of a bias to a particular club we have the same amount claiming a bias against that club.

There are set procedures in place for when The FA can take retrospective action in relation to incidents that have not been seen by the Match Officials at the time, as was the case recently with Emmanuel Adebayor. We can only bring additional charges in exceptional cases, for example, when a referee indicates in his/her match report that an incident went unnoticed, The FA can then be requested to review the incident. In contrast, if an incident was witnessed by the referee at the time, The FA generally has no power to take retrospective action, due to FIFA directives.

Whilst 100% consistency is impossible when human judgment is introduced into a situation, referees get the overwhelming majority of decisions correct. In fact they are arguably the most consistent people in the game making split-second decisions that will be analysed repeatedly by slow motion cameras and panels of football experts. The FIFA Laws of the Game stipulate that we cannot re-referee matches by issuing or upgrading cards on incidents that the referee has witnessed.

Supporters often compare incidents with others and ask why the same actions are not taken. This is simply due to no two incidents being the same. The Football Association takes its disciplinary procedures very seriously and judges each case on its merits.

With regards to Robin van Persie’s goal celebration, having reviewed the incident and spoken with Greater Manchester Police and the Match Official, The FA have contacted Robin van Persie to remind the player of his responsibilities as a professional with regards to his future conduct. No further action will be taken.

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your suggestions will form part of this feedback process.

Kind regards

The Football Association

TheColdSixThousand said:
To Monty and everyone else.
I think FA watch is a great idea and wanted to contribute somehow. I thought that it possibly needed and identity. Could be on the website, letterheads etc etc. I'm an Art Director by trade and decided to have a stab at coming up with something. Any thoughts?

FAWatchBrandID.jpg

Very good! Can you PM it to Ric and Sam the DRummer who are looking after that side of things in case they don't see your post.

Thanks again.

sam the drummer said:
I always get the dirty jobs ;)

Just to clarify we are currently registering only, not contacting the appropriate people until the website is live

Sam,

You are currect. Moonbeams has her band of willing volunteers in place and has asked them to register - but it will only be after the website goes live that she will pass out the standard letter to be sent to each fan site, so the real fun will start then.

tokyostory88 said:
oh god , its like seeing children being let loose in a sweet shop....Please if you are ever going to make any impact, you need to get an educated target where it hurts and where avoidance is not an issue.
Your mission needs media help because without it NO ONE cares. You cannot complain about media bias because that is merely to recognise what the vast majority respond to ..ie uneducated people who read or are told what to think and believe it.
You need to think intelligently. And unfortunately City are well behind the curve on this as well as is witnessed by the emabarasing interviews by Hughes, the dreadful one by Adebayour in the Telegraph that was gleefully picked up on arseblog and with the Bowen radio 5 interview where he was politely shown to not undertand anything about the subject he was supposedly talking about. (but gracious insincere coments for being "avalaible" as opposed to Fergusson who will not talk to BBC. (figure out for ourself why).
What is is it that is important for the FA and over which they have weak influence...its England's bid for the World Cup in 2018.
Any bad publicity about FA not reacting over crowd violence missile throwing is a big negative. In front of FIFA the FA are small fry with little influence. Blatter has votes mainly from africa and concaf region. Ask the FA how they will punish the missile throwers and report the matter to FIFA.

My E-mails to the FA have included the match violence at the Millwall game, our games with Arsenal and the derby. As yet they have not replied.
I take your point on, when and if they do reply, I will pass on that reply to FIFA, in fact now I think about it, I will send them another E-mail saying, that is what I'll do with there reply.

sam the drummer, if you need any help with the hosting/website or therearounds don't hestiate to ask me. I've got a good share of experience maintaining big sites.

I'm sure the FA won't like the initiative and will get legal action threats in. So avoid any use of their copyrighted logo's and other attributes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.