FA Watch

Cheltblue said:
Just a bit extra:

There were two genuine injuries at Chelsea yesterday and that totalled 8 mins and 27 seconds. Howard Webb added 8 mins of extra time for that (so 27 seconds less than the actual time) and actually blew the final whistle on 98:37.

But there were also 2 goal celebrations to take into account in the 2nd half as well, which saw no extra time added.

So they had a lot less extra time than they should have had. But Atkinson adds a heel of a lot more extra time than he should have. Add that to the blatant penalty denial when Keane was taken out.

There is a very clear pattern emerging here!

No consistancy and thats the problem!

Gary Neville goading City fans and missiles thrown at players....

100/1 Nothing will happen......

I've now had it explained to me this way, see if it makes sense to you guys...(bear with me)

Basically the confusion is because the ref's watch and the Sky in picture clock go out of sync.

If you imagine there is 4 minutes injury time when Bellamy scores - the ref effectively stops his watch during Bellamy's celebrations, however the Sky clock keeps running. Therefore when the ref starts his watch again at kick-off it is still showing 4 minutes to play - however the sky clock is now on 91 minutes because it kept running during the celebration.

Add the 4 minutes to 91 minutes on Sky clock, plus 30 secs for substitution - you get your 95mins and 30 seconds or so.

Owen scores, the ref stops his watch again - there is only a few seconds left to play when he re-starts.

My sense of injustice has gone, though where the original 4 minutes came from God only knows. However Monty is right, we can't get involved in that debate.

Hope it makes sense.

Spoke to my boyfriends dad (whose a rag) after the match yesterday!

He was half pissed after being in hospitality suite.

After he gave me the expected stick I pointed out the fact that there should not have been as much injury time!

He laughed and said it was "Fergie Time".

When I pointed out we had given them a fright and this was without Adebayor and Robinhio and with a half fit Tevez he fell into a stunned silence!

We have got them rattled boys they might have won the battle but they wont win the war!

City Raider said:
I've now had it explained to me this way, see if it makes sense to you guys...(bear with me)

Basically the confusion is because the ref's watch and the Sky in picture clock go out of sync.

If you imagine there is 4 minutes injury time when Bellamy scores - the ref effectively stops his watch during Bellamy's celebrations, however the Sky clock keeps running. Therefore when the ref starts his watch again at kick-off it is still showing 4 minutes to play - however the sky clock is now on 91 minutes because it kept running during the celebration.

Add the 4 minutes to 91 minutes on Sky clock, plus 30 secs for substitution - you get your 95mins and 30 seconds or so.

Owen scores, the ref stops his watch again - there is only a few seconds left to play when he re-starts.

My sense of injustice has gone, though where the original 4 minutes came from God only knows. However Monty is right, we can't get involved in that debate.

Hope it makes sense.

So it's 55 seconds for Bellamy's celebration and 14 secs for Owen's. No it doesn't make sense.

City Raider said:

Hope it makes sense.

Thats an easy cop out. Sky run the clock as anyone would, Bellamy scores and the board had already been put up meaning that the time is still correct. Even Hughes has commented on it in the fact that we played near 7mins more than the 90mins when 4 mins was shown. Are you saying there was 3mins where the ref had his watch stopped? if so why? Does that mean my watch, Hughes watch and every other person watching the games watch was wrong?
I was out before and could hear two rags talking about this, they were both saying the free kick shouldnt have been one but they also were saying that the extra time was a joke.

Edit: as someone else has pointed out there were 5 goals the second half so if by his own admition the ref had added 2mins for the goal by Bellamy, tso what happened to the other 8mins for the other goals? And what about the sub? Any other incidents? By my working out we should have played around 11mins extra time at least to make it all equal. Either way there is a void that need answering by someone.

City Raider said:

Hope it makes sense.

the ref doesn't stop his watch after a goal though. it's not a cause for pausing the time in the game. its only when he deems the celebration/stoppage excessive that time gets added on at the end.

the FA are twats!!! we should make our own fa and fifa free league with the likes of real madrid and anyone else who wants to join

not my fault! said:
City Raider said:

Hope it makes sense.

Thats an easy cop out. Sky run the clock as anyone would, Bellamy scores and the board had already been put up meaning that the time is still correct. Even Hughes has commented on it in the fact that we played near 7mins more than the 90mins when 4 mins was shown. Are you saying there was 3mins where the ref had his watch stopped? if so why? Does that mean my watch, Hughes watch and every other person watching the games watch was wrong?
I was out before and could hear two rags talking about this, they were both saying the free kick shouldnt have been one but they also were saying that the extra time was a joke.

Knew I hadn't explained myself properly - oh well!

To answer your question though, yes - effectively the ref did stop his watch for 3 minutes, over 2 for both goal celebrations and 30 secs for the substitution

I may be imagining things, but didn't Bellamy score at around 89 mins and 30 secs, before the board went up. Therefore, the celebration finished at around 90 mins and 15 sec [on Sky Clock]. If play resumed at around 90 mins and 30secs, then there were 4 mins [INCLUDING THE CELEBRATION] plus the 30 secs for the sub, meaning that the final whistle should have been at exactly 95 mintues, or have I completely misunderstood this? And, when did the ref and 4th official converse regarding the one minute being added on for the celebration?

However, I am getting a little sick of conspiracy theories, if the truth be known. Better defending would have solved any issues from yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.