FA Watch

Just wanted to say THANK YOU!! I've been following the FA Watch thread (can we call it a campaign yet??) since it started & I think you're all doing an amazing job, not just for City, but for all the other clubs in the Premier League. I've been going on for years about bias against the clubs outside the Sky4 but never dreamt somebody would start something so big & actually get people to take notice!

Anything I can do to help?? I'm not too good with databases etc but would be willing to help as much as I can in any other way.

Keep up the fantastic work, we're all behind you.

bluesteph said:
Just wanted to say THANK YOU!! I've been following the FA Watch thread (can we call it a campaign yet??) since it started & I think you're all doing an amazing job, not just for City, but for all the other clubs in the Premier League. I've been going on for years about bias against the clubs outside the Sky4 but never dreamt somebody would start something so big & actually get people to take notice!

Anything I can do to help?? I'm not too good with databases etc but would be willing to help as much as I can in any other way.

Thanks for this.

It's a campaign. or at least it is in my head - right from the off!

Can you PM 0103 to offer your services - we need people to watch football matches believe it or not! The pay is terrible (£0) but the job satisfaction is good!

bluesteph said:

Thanks bluesteph, I'm sure like Mark says, 0103 will appreciate your offer of help. To anybody else out there who would like to be involved, the more the merrier, this campaign is for every football fan. So please don't think that we wouldn't appreciate your help, this isn't a quick fix solution, it's going to be a long haul, but together who knows what we could achieve!

It might be on earlier pages but I'm not looking throught them all, can I just ask what has happened with the Mascherano incident has he been charged with violent conduct, it was ten times worse than Adebayor's.

If not we should all pack our bags and go home.

kiam06 said:
It might be on earlier pages but I'm not looking throught them all, can I just ask what has happened with the Mascherano incident has he been charged with violent conduct, it was ten times worse than Adebayor's.

The Football Association has confirmed that no action will be taken against Javier Mascherano for appearing to strike Jermaine Beckford on the head during Liverpool's Carling Cup victory at Leeds United on Tuesday night.

Mascherano was open to a charge of violent conduct and a possible three-match suspension after the match official, Alan Wiley, missed the second-half incident at Elland Road.

Having reviewed replays of the collision today, however, Wiley has informed the FA that he would not have dismissed the Argentina captain had he witnessed the midfielder's flailing arm catching Beckford on the back of the head.

An FA spokesman said: "No further action will be taken against Javier Mascherano."

Please do pm if you're interested in watching a game or two a week (or even a game every now and then) and taking some details of what has happened.

It is so important that we cover each premier league match played, and we are relying on people willing to highlight the incidents that FA Watch will live and die by.

Even on something as basic as added time, we can see in a few days of analysis that it is not being administered that way it should be. Afer six months of analysis I can honestly see our findings making national headlines.

But we do rely on eyes and ears of your average football supporter. I'd like to thank those that have volunteered their services so far, but would very much encourage anyone else to send me a pm and at least find out what it's all about

moonbeams said:
kiam06 said:

The Football Association has confirmed that no action will be taken against Javier Mascherano for appearing to strike Jermaine Beckford on the head during Liverpool's Carling Cup victory at Leeds United on Tuesday night.

Mascherano was open to a charge of violent conduct and a possible three-match suspension after the match official, Alan Wiley, missed the second-half incident at Elland Road.

Having reviewed replays of the collision today, however, Wiley has informed the FA that he would not have dismissed the Argentina captain had he witnessed the midfielder's flailing arm catching Beckford on the back of the head.

An FA spokesman said: "No further action will be taken against Javier Mascherano."

Alan Wiley would not have sent him off if he'd seen it...... has the world gone mad? WTF is going on here, this is a complete farce. He deliberately elbowed the guy in the face out of pure anger and it was ok?

kiam06 said:

Alan Wiley would not have sent him off if he'd seen it...... has the world gone mad? WTF is going on here, this is a complete farce. He deliberately elbowed the guy in the face out of pure anger and it was ok?

Hi kiam,

From our side of things we've said that we won't be taking up anything outside of Premier League games yet, so this one disappears under the rada unforunately. But it's exactly the type of incident we want to know about.

Mark

Another one thats outside our remit, but interesting nonetheless is the charges laid against Millwall and West Ham this morning for a "failure to ensure their supporters didn’t throw missiles, harmful or dangerous objects onto the pitch."

I wonder if a few higher profile clubs will face the same actions.

Also interesting in terms of the Adebayor hearing is that Junior Stanislaus who twice ran over to the Millwall supporters to celebrate West Ham goals seems to have got off without any FA action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.