FA Youth Cup tonight

Many of these kids play for the EDS but when they drop down to U18 level look at what they are doing to a decent side. That's why the 18s being second from bottom of their league group means little because they're a young team with many of our best players in that age group playing at a higher level.

GOAL CITY!!! Lopes twists and turns in the penalty area and fires into the roof of the net with a powerful finish. 3-0 City.

LoveCity said:
Many of these kids play for the EDS but when they drop down to U18 level look at what they are doing to a decent side. That's why the 18s being second from bottom of their league group means little because they're a young team with many of our best players in that age group playing at a higher level.

You're right, of course, just a bit frustrating to see all the losses racking up.

Taken in context though with the injuries, loans and underage players things are much brighter than they seem on paper.

Deepest Blue said:
You're right, of course, just a bit frustrating to see all the losses racking up.

Taken in context though with the injuries, loans and underage players things are much brighter than they seem on paper.

I hate seeing us lose too at any level, it's a natural instinct. But I'd bet on both the U18s and U21s improving next season because both are really young teams who will be 1 year older next season. Not really sure about NextGen as European academies are really good but would hope we can at least continue the progress and qualify next season.

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A98RqJtCYAEuom6.jpg:large[/bigimg]<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 pm --<br /><br />FT: City U18s 3-1 Sunderland U18s, well done Blues!

Good performance and win this and yes we are still a young side. Especially gratifying after the losses I have seen this season at EDS,18's level etc. I would have to add I am not sure how good Sunderland are at this level but I thought they were supposed to have a very good youth level set up.

Basically I felt we bossed the game until they found some energy and replied immediately to our 3rd goal.First time I have seen Bityqi and I was impressed. He played wide right in a 4.4.2 and played the position well. Lovely first touch,brought others into play well and got back to do the dirty work as well. Nice goal too when Cole played a ball inside the full back for him to run on to.

Pozo's goal was typical and well taken and I think he has a great future.I don't think he had a great game tonight but did some lovely things and always looks like making something happen.Same story for Lopes.Not a great night but plenty of quality in those feet and a very well taken goal.

Rekik I thought looked excellent most of the time but did switch off for their goal even though it was a sublime bending pass to get through to the striker.

Just got back from the game. Played very well and won fairly easily.
Good all round performance, played some quick incisive football.
Nice to see Patrick Viera there and Andy Cole watching his lad.

i really think we could do worse than give Lopes a go occasionally, given that mancini won't play sinclair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.