FA Youth Cup tonight

There are those that have criticised the performance of the EDS and under 18's this year. However any person who has watched a lot of junior football would realise that the age of the youth makes a tremendous difference between the ages of 15 to 21.

I agree with our policy of throwing the youngsters in the deep end. I actually think we have some phenomenal talent coming through and that this will be borne out in the next couple of years as they mature. The challenge of playing outside their age group will develop them faster than confining them.

The quality of the play in the game against Sunderland shows a glimpse of the future.

These are indeed exciting times.

jollylescott said:
There are those that have criticised the performance of the EDS and under 18's this year. However any person who has watched a lot of junior football would realise that the age of the youth makes a tremendous difference between the ages of 15 to 21.

I agree with our policy of throwing the youngsters in the deep end. I actually think we have some phenomenal talent coming through and that this will be borne out in the next couple of years as they mature. The challenge of playing outside their age group will develop them faster than confining them.

The quality of the play in the game against Sunderland shows a glimpse of the future.

These are indeed exciting times.

The few occasions I've seen the EDS it's the lack of direction which I've found disappointing. Clearly talented lads kicking the ball around aimlessley rather than playing the kind of pass & move football they should be playing. Not arsed if they lose 10-0 provided they are being educated in the correct way to play the game.

Minchroadster said:
What's the left back Plummer like? I'd he one for the 1st team?

Played center back last night and played well but not ready for the 1st team squad whereas Rekik probably is.

Good win and good reports it seems.

Scary that that isn't even our strongest U18 side with Facey, Glendon and Hiwula all out injured!

Draw is today, hope we get united.............

WNRH said:

Scary that that isn't even our strongest U18 side with Facey, Glendon and Hiwula all out injured!

Tricky - unless the FA have found some obscure reason to re-instate them, such as "Burnley weren't supposed to score 4 goals".

lancs blue said:
WNRH said:

Tricky - unless the FA have found some obscure reason to re-instate them, such as "Burnley weren't supposed to score 4 goals".

I know, hence the .................. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.