Fabián Ruiz

He can cover that DM position, and play across midfield as well. Not better, but definitely a great player.
The Bruno G deal seems stalled, Kimmich is not progressing, not a word on Wharton. Who is going to cover Rodri or play alongside him? Someone like Ruiz would be perfect, IMO.
If not better then we don’t need him, who ever mentioned him before the Euros. If they don’t get in the team on merit being able to play as a 6 sometimes isn’t a good reason to buy him. For all we know Pep may have other ideas on ways to rest Rodri. We can be sure he’s thought about it, and may have a solution none of us have thought about. Could be Grealish for all I know.

He can cover that DM position, and play across midfield as well. Not better, but definitely a great player.
The Bruno G deal seems stalled, Kimmich is not progressing, not a word on Wharton. Who is going to cover Rodri or play alongside him? Someone like Ruiz would be perfect, IMO.
As Southgate once said “We are missing Kalvin” lol

He seems great, PSG also are misusing him

Also fricking Pereira is more preffered for his aerial presence.

If not better then we don’t need him, who ever mentioned him before the Euros. If they don’t get in the team on merit being able to play as a 6 sometimes isn’t a good reason to buy him. For all we know Pep may have other ideas on ways to rest Rodri. We can be sure he’s thought about it, and may have a solution none of us have thought about. Could be Grealish for all I know.
Dont think anyone thought PSG would sell before the Euros, we've scouted and looked at him a couple of time at Napoli. Neves and the Euros has put him on the radar as a viable option

Hope we get someone because no cover for Rodri will blow up in our face this season .

Tick tock, Txiki. Who are our targets? Surely, we could do way worse than Ruiz? He is a great player, IMO.
Ruiz would be a decent squad player, I'm not saying he wouldn't be. But Rodri is 28, Kovacic 30, KDB 33, Bernardo 29. In my opinion the squad structure needs a 6/8 thats either younger and more of a long term option (e.g Neves/Wharton), or someone significantly better than Kovacic (e.g Kimmich/Bruno G), which I dont think Ruiz is. A 28 year old that cant nail down a starting spot in a midfield far worse than ours fits neither of these options even if he had a good Euros. Could possibly see him being an option if Kovacic would leave or as a last resort panic buy in the final days of the transfer window if we are unable to sign someone that would better fit the squads needs.

Just my opinion :)

Ruiz would be a decent squad player, I'm not saying he wouldn't be. But Rodri is 28, Kovacic 30, KDB 33, Bernardo 29. In my opinion the squad structure needs a 6/8 thats either younger and more of a long term option (e.g Neves/Wharton), or someone significantly better than Kovacic (e.g Kimmich/Bruno G), which I dont think Ruiz is. A 28 year old that cant nail down a starting spot in a midfield far worse than ours fits neither of these options even if he had a good Euros. Could possibly see him being an option if Kovacic would leave or as a last resort panic buy in the final days of the transfer window if we are unable to sign someone that would better fit the squads needs.

Just my opinion :)
I agree with everything you said. The reason why I even entertain Ruiz is because it seems to me like we don't want to spend big money and that's required as far as Bruno G/Neves/Kimmich(salary). Wharton could be the one, so I really hope we step it up,although I wonder what the asking price would be...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.