Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think if both available, Mendy would be starting as offers more going forward. Delph has improved greatly over the last couple of seasons since Pep arrived but hard to argue that he was out of position more than a few times in the last game...After his red, Delph is also going to miss a few games now (3?) so we just got even thinner at that position.

He improved last season. Been way below par this. Started with the fuck up against Lyon and it hasn’t got much better bar the odd decent game.

Better at what exactly?

Delph has become the new Milner. People let him off on his lack of ability because he runs about a bit, is English, is vocal and every once in a bluemoon puts a commendable performance in.

Early on in the season teams were frightened to death of Mendy, did he not rack up 6/7 assists in as many games also. Delph offers nothing going forward other than receiving a pass, turning round and playing it back inside.

He may have racked up several assists but he is a defensive liability and perma not avail

Feel for him but it was obvious even last season that LB was not his natural position & us steam rolling teams papered over this.

His strength in this position seems to be the direct one on one challenges & physical aspect but when it comes to the reading of the game in this position he has found wanting many a times & the natural ability to sniff out danger which say Laporte seems to have in defense.

I remember Pep saying last season how good Delph had been playing for us but he had to change the style of play in order to accommodate Delph in that position.

Even as someone who always thought Zee is the better Leftback, perhaps the best on the squad, I have to defend Delph or here.

The goal was simply a spectacular move by Albrington. Anyone that blames Delph there simply is either clueless or hurting and looking for someone to lash out at.

I get it. But that's just wonderful movement as opposed to poor defending.
I’ve seen the goal a few times and I still can’t see how it was Delph’s fault. Danilo went down, didn’t get the free kick and never got back in position, so we were exposed with three players covering four players space. Delph had to cover both the space where the ball was likely to go and his player, Albrighton. We simply didn’t have enough bodies back there when the cross came in.

Like many others on here, I would prefer to see Delph providing back up to Fernandinho rather than Gundogan.

Delph is better option than Mendy, because at least he is available most of the time.

Being crocked all the time is worse than performing badly.

Getting injured is obviously a fucking stupid trait which Mendy has.

I guess he would rather not have ACL and other injuries .

Alleged blue why? Because I spoke about English player?
He is not good enough I dont care if he is an English ,Spanish or Brazilian.
I'm sick of us paying a heavy price because of his mistakes.
We need a real LB

But a twattish thing wanting one of our players sent off.

Are we not appealing the red?
I don't think it was even a foul never mind a red card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.