Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen the goal a few times and I still can’t see how it was Delph’s fault. Danilo went down, didn’t get the free kick and never got back in position, so we were exposed with three players covering four players space. Delph had to cover both the space where the ball was likely to go and his player, Albrighton. We simply didn’t have enough bodies back there when the cross came in.
All he had to do was stay with Albrighton, there was no one else there.

I’ve seen the goal a few times and I still can’t see how it was Delph’s fault. Danilo went down, didn’t get the free kick and never got back in position, so we were exposed with three players covering four players space. Delph had to cover both the space where the ball was likely to go and his player, Albrighton. We simply didn’t have enough bodies back there when the cross came in.
Its shoolboy defending from Delph, he ball watches from crosses, his body position is all wrong & he's completely oblivious to players running in behind him. Its very basic, the sort of thing you coach kids NOT to do, but he keeps making the same mistake, other teams have identified it and are targeting it.

Nah, you have it all wrong mate, we need worldies in each positions - no room for water carriers

Oh right, cheers msb and thanks for putting me straight.

I've noticed Milner putting in some crunching tackles recently (possibly one against us) and get nothing but praise for it off pundits and 'experts'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.