Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a perfectly good tackle

Same here.

Very strange views on this red card, on here and in English football generally.

On one hand you seem to love the physical game, but then you accept a red card like this one. Strange.

Delph was first on the ball with the intention to clear it down the left side. No existing rule would forbid that. None.

Now what was the intention of the Ricardo?
He could see he was late, he did not try to block the ball but instead he was running on,
knowing he would be caught somehow by the impact and went down. He did it on his own risk.
I would say he is a cheat.
Of course that was no foul at all, Delph was winning the fight for the ball.

This "bad follow through" is unknown to me as a rule. I guess it has been established by media over the years.

Dean was a lousy ref and there were many occasions where Leicester were allowed many small fouls,
complete opposite for City players.
Dean was pisspoor and the disgrace of a red card was the logical consequence in his performance.

Back to Delph:
he didn't do much wrong, except for the first goal, when he has to keep an eye on the only Leicester player in our box.
But Stones didn't block the cross and Ederson didn't pick it down.
Too many defensive mistakes by the team.

I can't see the drama about Delph at all.

This red card would not stand in the Bundesliga. With VAR or without.
A 3 match suspension for a non existing foul. Wow, 3 matches! What a joke of a decision.
Multi billion market but pisspoor reffing.

I really am gutted at the state of left back but can’t we use this period to actually use the EDS. We really need to do something revolutionary that have people thinking
Don’t have any good left backs in the EDS. Been playing a RB or CB there most of the time this season, due to injuries

Obviously, my question is if both are available is there still posters that believe Delph is the better option ( obviously)?

Personally think if both available, Mendy would be starting as offers more going forward. Delph has improved greatly over the last couple of seasons since Pep arrived but hard to argue that he was out of position more than a few times in the last game...After his red, Delph is also going to miss a few games now (3?) so we just got even thinner at that position.

Not pretending, he is a better option. A bad run of form doesn't change that.
Better at what exactly?

Delph has become the new Milner. People let him off on his lack of ability because he runs about a bit, is English, is vocal and every once in a bluemoon puts a commendable performance in.

Early on in the season teams were frightened to death of Mendy, did he not rack up 6/7 assists in as many games also. Delph offers nothing going forward other than receiving a pass, turning round and playing it back inside.

Better at what exactly?

Delph has become the new Milner. People let him off on his lack of ability because he runs about a bit, is English, is vocal and every once in a bluemoon puts a commendable performance in.

Early on in the season teams were frightened to death of Mendy, did he not rack up 6/7 assists in as many games also. Delph offers nothing going forward other than receiving a pass, turning round and playing it back inside.
I think Delph offers quite a lot more than Mendy overall, not just in terms of individual contribution but how he allows the rest of the team to stay balanced around him. Obviously taking into account everything that's happened since the Chelsea game it looks foolish to say Delph's the better option - he's in poor form and there's no question about that - but as others in this thread have said, injured players always seem better when they're not around. Are we forgetting how much of a liability Mendy was becoming before he was injured? He was providing assists but he was taking Leroy's place in the side and contributing to uncomfortable defensive performances on the road. He looked very nervous at Wolves, we kept a clean sheet at Spurs in spite of his performance, he was uncertain for large periods of the derby (especially when they were on top), and on top of all that the guy's just never, ever fit. We can argue all we want about who's better between Mendy and Delph but if Mendy's never available (and missing treatment tests because of boxing matches) then Delph will always be the better option.

Better at what exactly?

He is doing his best,for 8m he has been a bargain,as with everyone else he seems to have hit a wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.