Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have done so many errors this season i think from LB, have outplayed his role in the club, ZigZag will take over his role hopefully. Need to go back to Leeds and help them up again, or in PL next year.

Obviously injuries have not helped but he has made far too many errors this season. Pep will not be happy.

Foden doesn't count towards the HG players because he's u21, so he can't really replace him in the sense that with Delph we have a squad of 21+Foden, and without Delph we'd be 20+Foden.

You could promote another kid instead of getting a Delph replacement though, and just have a squad of 20 +Foden +another u21.

The rules are 17 foreign players, 4 nationally HG, 4 club HG + as many u21's as you want.
Don’t think there are any english player over the age of 21 that’s good enough for us in the positions we need to strengthen, so it should be the 20+Foden option you mentioned

I like him. He's a decent player. I was made up for him last season and I think we should all love him for stepping in to that role the way he did.

But I'd let him go and build back up his career as a midfielder. Pep has given him a few second chances now and it's not gone well for him.

When he goes, which I think he will, it will be bitter sweet.

He's just back after a long absence, his rustiness is understandable. No need to make him a scapegoat, there were worse players on the pitch tonight.

He's obviously gone down the pecking order, but I think Delph will be still useful as a LB and DM back up.
Think that's him done at city contract runs out in summer! Have to give him praise for last season he was outstanding.
He has 1 more year on his contract, no way we're getting rid of him in case of a transfer ban.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabian-delph/profil/spieler/50362

He's just back after a long absence, his rustiness is understandable. No need to make him a scapegoat, there were worse players on the pitch tonight.

He's obviously gone down the pecking order, but I think Delph will be still useful as a LB and DM back up.

He has 1 more year on his contract, no way we're getting rid of him in case of a transfer ban.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabian-delph/profil/spieler/50362

Ah right thought it was up this summer and yeah fair point if we get a ban.

Like every player, he needs constant run of games to be back to his best.

We were the best defence last season with him.

Like every player, he needs constant run of games to be back to his best.

We were the best defence last season with him.
I don't think that's the issue. Like Walker (maybe moreso), he just makes stupid mistakes. Both of these guys average like 1 stupid decision every game.

And while I commend him for last season, he simply offers nothing over Zinchenko going forward.

- He is old
- Much worse passer than Zinny
- Can't cross
- Makes dumb mistakes

- Probably on par overall defensively with Zinny, maybe a bit better than him

From a sporting perspective, why should we even bother going forward with him? Just because he's english isn't good enough.

With a looming transfer ban coming up, we need to get in young blood quickly. Same goes for Walker imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.