Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the lad but think he's played his last minutes here. He's been pretty shocking this whole season apart from the first month.

ah well, I had hopes for him to be a back-up midfielder with this lurking transfer ban ...

The very best footballers have a football brain plus ability. That’s two boxes that Fabian doesn’t tick. He puts a shift in but there is always a mistake or a lunge or a red mist moment just around the corner.....

The lad has not played competitive football for a long time, since the Leicester game and a very brief appearance midweek. Look at other players who have returned from a lengthy lay off they are given time. Delph is a good footballer being played out of position, that lunge he did yesterday which resulted in a penalty is due to rustiness, a person doesn’t become a bad player over a few months. He is 29 so not too old and I would like to see him in the midfield where he starred for England earlier on in the season particularly where we are light in the absence of Kevin and Fernandinho.

I wonder with Delph if it is just the lack of games through injury that is the big problem?

Walker is a different kettle of fish.
Walker has a lot in the bank to more than compensate. Sure he has weaknesses but I think he has always put in a good shift and frankly is a very good player as is Danilo.
Delph has been played out of position for a long time, had injuries but have fans forgotten the contribution he made last season? He’s made more mistakes this season but has hardly had chance to play that much. What is frustrating with him is the continual injuries whereas I suspect Kyle has been playing through injury.
I have been at MCFC not far off 50 years and now this is the best I have ever seen and a lot of this has to be down to the togetherness of the squad and I think for once some people should replicate that and lay off the hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.