Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played a full season at left back last year. How the fuck did he get thrown under the bus?

Exactly this - he's an experienced PL player who knows what is required yet tonight he reverted to being so dreadfully out of position it was a joke. Add to that his limited passing ability and the fact that his stock tackle is lunging in and he should be nowhere near this team. He needed to be disciplined and make it tough for them to get space and then when we have the ball become the extra ball player in midfield and he didn't do his job on both counts. Makes you realise how good Zinchenko has been in comparison - I saw the two lumps for spurs show how to tackle tight, right on the edge of being booked and I wouldn't want either anywhere near our team. Delph stands five to six feet off his man which means his only chance of a tackle is by diving in, something that he always does and the reason he gets sent off.

Forgetting how bad he was the fact is at 1-0 down we are in with a real shout of going through unlike last year. I just hope that Pep will now play his best side with Delph, Mahrez and possibly Otamendi out of it.

Last season was obviously extraordinary. He was phenomenal and a complete surprise. This year we are seeing the performances we were expecting from him last season. I think it’s fair to say he has reverted to his natural level. No more please pep.

He's started 10 games in the PL and CL this year, we've lost 5 of them. We've only lost 1 game in which he hasn't started this year. Absolute liability.

He wasn't great last night but the same could be said about most of the players

Played well for a mid field player played out of position, it wasn't his fault he was played there, I can see him going to Leeds next season if they come up and be one of the best DM's in the premier certainly in the top 5-6.
After the goal my immediate reaction was to blame Delphino but after sleeping on it, he is played out of position and should have had cover and help as they did all night with their LB and RB ( and not blaming Sterling either)

If Pep is playing with out and out wingers he needs top quality FB's or don't play wingers if the fullbacks are injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.